Caroga Creek Racepark~2020~New Ownership, Big Changes In The Works!!

flagger09

The former "Caroga Creek Speedway" is under new ownership for the 2020 season, Tom Varin has purchased the facility and has major changes planned in almost every aspect for the upcoming season, a later opening date of May 16th will allow Tom to make major changes and upgrades to the facility including the track itself as well as many other improvements he has on his agenda, it is going to be a groundbreaking season for the all New Caroga Creek Racepark located on Rte. 10 in the Town of Ephratah NY, many top Officials are already on board and anxious to start the new season, stay tuned for updates and information forthcoming in the near future including the 2020 Schedule for the WCRS as well as all other Classes including a new "Predator" Class & the 600CC Excel Modifieds, it's going to be an awesome season for sure, also for the first time we will be running DAYTIME SHOWS on Saturday afternoons with a tentative time of 1PM for hot laps , gates will open @ 11AM , this will give our racers time to head for Fonda Speedway if they wish at racings conclusion or spend the evening how they wish, also for the folks with little ones no more 1 or 2AM mornings, home nice and early, Caroga Creek will continue to be a very Family / Child friendly affordable place to race, we hope to see you there as we kick off a new era at Caroga Creek Racepark!! (y)

Last edited:
I've committed to at least 7 races there and its a 3 hr drive one way from my shop. What they've built there sounds fantastic.

I'm honored to be a part of it !

Tom is a go getter big time, if he says he will do it, it will get done, I'm very confident he is going to do tremendous things with Caroga Creek, every single aspect of the facility is going to see change & upgrades, from the track itself, a new scale area to the concession stand and much more, this is just the beginning, looking very forward to it & look forward to seeing everyone at CCRP!!

Just a little update on some of the things you can expect to see at CCRP as we enter a new era for 2020, first off, the concrete walls are GONE, they will be replaced with a sort of "soft walls" that will have some "give" to them, turns 1 & 2 will be pushed further down into a portion of what used to be the pit area entrance, as most know turns 3 & 4 were pushed further down last season so the end result will be some really nice straightaways when all is said and done, also the track will be widened on the straights by 15', a new pushed back and lowered flagstand is also on the agenda enabling drivers to the flagger better, a new scale area will also be in place and will be a drive through as the karts exit the track off of turn 4 before the flagstand, these and several other upgrades and changes are going to add to the excitement of the all new CCRP, hope to see you there!!

How big will the new layout be ?
I don't have an actual size yet at this time, but with the pushing of 3 & 4 down quite a way last season I would say it will end up darn close to 1/4 mi, once the actual work is done then Tom can get some new measurements, definitely going to have some distinct straights!

Opening day has been pushed up 1 week to May 23, I will post any updates or changes that may happen due the coronavirus situation, we are remaining confident that things will be hopefully much better by then, hope everyone is staying healthy & safe, see you soon!!

Back