Caster

Packman88

Just got a quick question 17 MINecon , running hoosier treads, currently on 10 / 7 on caster any thoughts ? Is this close or should be a bit higher ? Or am I thinking wrong and should be lower ?

Here is what I had going on, ran a smaller track somewhere between 1/7 and 1/8 I believe the tach measured 650 ish small tight corners long straights Anyhow we been running a different series and didn't want to change a whole lot so we didn't touch anything, We could not keep the rear end under us at all, had a buddy in the infield say soon as he would enter it would nose over on right front or the left Rear would come off the ground anyways we are on hoosier treads so I know that might throw a curve ball but was it not enough cross? To much neg rf caster and to much pos left front ?

334 Total weight

46.1 -Nose

56.9 - Left

62.8 - Cross

-2.50 Right Front. +.75 left front

10 / 7 on caster

Last edited:
First at the end where you say neg RF caster, I think that's a misprint you mean camber ?
7 an 10 caster is fine, only number off some in base line is cross 66 % would be more normal what that chassis likes, .75 Lf pos camber is little higher than normal for it also.
I'd say you biggest issue was tires, what were your staggers front and rear ?

First at the end where you say neg RF caster, I think that's a misprint you mean camber ?
7 an 10 caster is fine, only number off some in base line is cross 66 % would be more normal what that chassis likes, .75 Lf pos camber is little higher than normal for it also.
I'd say you biggest issue was tires, what were your staggers front and rear ?

Yes camber is what I meant, I have 1.5 front and rear because that is the most balanced I could with the treads after shrinking right sides , I ran higher cross last year and always fought a push, so I cut cross down some, beings we have bigger then normal ( 34" ) tires and then being on treads .

Just realized your little low on left, 58.5 % would be better If you go 8 & 12 on caster it will help turn left on it's own a little more, however just add a little nose if you need to for the push, you'll be faster in the end with the higher cross.

Any suggestions on how to check or verify that you have a 90° angle on tie rods and steering shaft when setting steering lock? Or just eye ball it....also all bolts are tight but still have just slight play in steering when lock pin is in, block getting wore out ?

Back