Castor on Phenom

SPEEDER51

Hey guys. Been almost 20 years since I've been out of it. Bought an old Phenom to get back into some asphalt racing but I'm having some difficulties figuring out how to determine what my castor is set at. Everyone is saying to run it as LF 6 and RF 8 degrees. Using the following castor blocks, LF 6/5 KPI & RF 12, my castor looks like the below diagram.

Thanks
Tom
Tom
castor (2).jpg

First move the right front block to the back hole for asphalt, concrete & most dirt tracks, so your using the back line.
Back meaning closest to the seat.
Right now your caster is at 4/6. Starting closest to the seat the left side is 0 & right is 2.

Thanks KJ26. When would you want to be on the front line (increased lead). We run an 1/8 mile asphalt track and I would have thought for that or indoors you would want lead into the kart.

Tom

L block in the back position is putting lead in the kart.
I would try that, but when you do it could cause a push on exit

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought moving the RF forward extends the right side wheel base (more so than the left side) thus adding lead into the kart.

Thanks KJ26. When would you want to be on the front line (increased lead). We run an 1/8 mile asphalt track and I would have thought for that or indoors you would want lead into the kart.

Tom

Couldn't tell ya, we raced on every surface with our Phenoms and still do asphalt ovals & indoor concrete with them Have always went to running the RF back, the kart wouldn't grab going in when we did try RF forward.
Even with our Triton on dirt we run the RF back, now on our Xpect & Pursuit we run both forward on all surfaces.
We've racked up many asphalt W's, just saying what has worked for us.;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought moving the RF forward extends the right side wheel base (more so than the left side) thus adding lead into the kart.
when the RF is in the forward position that is the zero position, it isnt forward of the LF, the right side wheelbase will be longer in the forward position, but that is created by the yaw of the rear axle
And yes we won a butt load on asphalt
This race we go there late, just for the feature and started on the tail, 5 teams wanted to protest us we went home in a box, but still had the payout and the trophy

when the RF is in the forward position that is the zero position, it isnt forward of the LF, the right side wheelbase will be longer in the forward position, but that is created by the yaw of the rear axle
And yes we won a butt load on asphalt
This race we go there late, just for the feature and started on the tail, 5 teams wanted to protest us we went home in a box, but still had the payout and the trophy

When did you come to Riverhead?

Back