Catch Can???

agepag

I have seen different variations of the plastic catch cans on the L0206 Motors. We run the stock white plastic one that came with the motor, are there any benefits to running an aftermarket one? If so which one and why......

Thanks
Adrian

Catch cans do not come with the engine, all catch cans would be aftermarket. Catch cans do not add performance, improper use or instalation will cause performance issues. The answer you seek is no.

Ok, so running the white plastic catch can (all the Briggs l0206 in canada seem to come with) is fine?

Yes, that is fine. There is no performance gain anywhere in catch cans. There are plenty of other snake oils to try. Just pick a catch can, vent it extremely well, and start testing other things.

I am in Canada, I have been in this program for 7 seasons, multiple engines, catch cans do not come with the engine they are all aftermarket. Most use the small fuel tank overflow tank from Righetti Ridolfi.

Make sure to drill some holes in the top of the white plastic catch can as they need to be vented to the atmosphere.

Back