Cdi/digital ignition coil

Blue bandit

Hi
does somebody has tried/tested out the new cdi/digital Honda coil. Does it advance/regulate the timing enough when running

need torque from 2500 and all the way up

Thanks
Lars
Denmark

yes it does have rev limiter, we have a few gx 270s, instead of buying the coli from NR racing we just took flywheel and coils off older models and put them on.

You must be able to get a model without the rev limiter, because i've seen 2-3 people running these, and they sure has hell are not under 6000rpm, but they have so much more speed than everyone else!

You must be able to get a model without the rev limiter, because i've seen 2-3 people running these, and they sure has hell are not under 6000rpm, but they have so much more speed than everyone else!
All 390s prior to the about 2011 will turn the rpms you want (with gov, removed). If its a "newer" 390(UT2), then it comes with the cdi coil and flywheel that limits rpm. To "get around" this you can put an old style flywheel and coil on the UT2 engine OR buy the special coil from NR Racing that will work with the newer style flywheel that is NOT rev limiting. About 90 bucks I think. Keep in mind this is talking about actual Honda stuff. Clone 390 and 420 engines are still the "old style" that will allow the rpms after governor is removed. Good luck.

Back