cfm vs velocity

It's been so many years ago since I was knowledgeable about carbs I think I messed up saying just 4 circuits when there may be 5. 50+ years ago I was able to recite location of fuel input to each circuit, where the passages went and where the output was for each circuit on every brand made for car companies. And also where to look for and how to remove a restriction in a passage per symptoms on each. ... :(

It's the same idea but I think it may be idle, low speed, intermediate, high speed and then THE 5th, instead of idle intermediate, high and then THE 4th. sorry messed up again but the thought and logic fix is the same. ... :(

awwww since i'm lookin dumb anyhow... the 4th or 5th circuit is the accelerator circuit be it called a pump or power valve. ... :)

ok let the slings and arrows comence.

Interesting , I have a mechanical two seperate feed / butterflys , for a twin , mechanical injection setup . Never had it on an engine . So the pill is for bleeding fuel off at high rpm ?
Looking at the limitations of the current air driven carburetor, its basically a siphon tube , bowel and butterfly .
Pill and Barrel valve, is it a MRD unit?

I'd really like to get another one of those...MRD that is. Our house and my shop burnt to the ground, so I can't make pumps anymore.

Austin has been working on a stepper motor and aurduino for just that purpose . Still in the beginning stages , it does function , the application is the trick now .

For sure not mrd probably from the early 60's.
1 3/8 bore off a 500cc triumph .
20210503_133924.jpg
20210503_133948.jpg

Attachments

• 20210503_133948.jpg
    20210503_133948.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 5
Yep, you're right...not an MRD. But very very similarly. I just ordered a 3D printer. Got to thinking about it this morning and realized the throttle body could be printed also.

Back