Chain Alignment * not for weak of heart*

Tuck n run chain and rear gears 2 piece and std teeth not skip.

Yes rolling backwards slowly it will jump out of the sprocket as I roll it more settles down in.

Every 2 rotations on the driver it jumps.

Funny thing is I had a new chain 3 races old, used my spare new chain and still in a bind! Haha ! A bind!
Seems more than a chain issue. What type of sprocket guards ?

Personally I had a set of the black ones that if you didn't put the 2 halves on just right it would create the same issue.

"Just right" made a simple gear change 4x longer than it needed to be. Not trashing the product but I won't run them on my stuff.

Try putting it together without the guard on one side and the nuts finger tight.
Did that too left the left side off did the squeeze trick and then snugged alternating pattern.

Pushed motor forward made sure not twisted left and right

I have a brand new tuck and run 62 rear gear that is just plain bad.... no matter how many times I’ve tried it it does the tight and then slacked chain. It’s a wall hanger now

I have run into brand new gears that were not perfectly round. Drilled the bolt holes out slightly larger and they worked fine.

I haven't seen it mentioned but your clutch spins absolutely free without the chain? It has the right amount of endplay?

Why was "not for weak of heart" part of the thread title? Never have thought of chain slop/bind as a subject requiring a bottle of nitro pills to help get through...😳

take the chain off and flip it so the bottom side... (side that ran on the gear faces) is now facing up. I had a pin get tight after reassembly and I flipped it and it went away... just throwing that out there

Ok folks !

Tonight I loosed the motor on the mount slid all the way to one side so not to flex on the mount
Changed rear gears
Used my 3 race old chain really bad tight spot
Used my new 0 race chain much better but present still

I think that tuck and run chain is about to be benched and going back to RLV Extreme Blue Box

Going to adjust it at the tight spot for Saturday hot laps and get a new chain at parts truck, If not happy changing it out.

I am either at
Chain *junk*
Frame *bent*
Crank *bent*

Leaning towards the $25 option for now. I appreciate all the insight and once its resolved i will have the most free running chain this side of mason dixon!

Back