Chain Alignment * not for weak of heart*

I chased a loose then tight chain til I about died.
Loosen the sprocket hub bolt, then just barely snug it
and see if it changes.

Not sure if has been mentioned . Is there any burs on the gears causing it to hang up ? I was having a chain issue that I finally figured out that it was my sliding qwik change motor mount not getting seated properly .

Got busy at work couldn't get it done today, may snag a dial indicator Thursday and check it yet.

Work can get in the way of the fun stuff!
The crank is not going to cause the condition you describe, unless the engine is running.
Axle run out, yes.

Remove chain from clutch end, and let hang over axle sprocket. Turn axle slowly watching chain.
This should identify if the rear sprocket, or chain is to blame.
You can do the same on clutch end.

When you have your indicator at the house, check the run out on the sprocket hub where the sprocket registers. Some 'inexpensive' or 'lite-weight' hubs will distort when the pinch bolt is tightened. I've chased the chain/sprocket issue for days; replaced the sprocket hub and the issue went away.

I can attest that we’ve had multiple brand new gears be junk, from WMS and the generic gears. Not a solution but be mindful of quality control with the new stuff,

3 pages worth of comments, and not 1 solution LOL.

Throw the chain away and put a new one on if you cant identify or fix the tight spot in it. Been there done that.
Lmao

Perhaps we should always throw away anything that challenges us.
Or hire someone to correct our problems.

Of course, then no one is able to troubleshoot anything.

But the market is wide open!!!!

Seriously, most problems can be diagnosed by being honest about what we have actually done, without short cutting steps.

No one likes to admit they missed something.

I usually discover this after being adamant I did it right.

Roll the axle no chain rolls perfect and quick for a long time, Drop the chain on can hear it laboring to turn over.

Changed motor mount
Rear sprocket
Rear sprocket hub
Sprocket guard
Axle
Rear rotor * bent *
Swapped clutches from 2 to my 3 disk
Changed drivers

Rolling the axle has a tight spot the chain rises and then lowers as it gets past that point, At a loss. Tomorrow measuring run out on crank shaft at work.

thoughts, ideas, I am running out of ideas
I think since hes changed the chain as well .
Maybe a non issue .
Whack it with a hammer at the tight spot...;)

Lmao

Perhaps we should always throw away anything that challenges us.
Or hire someone to correct our problems.

Of course, then no one is able to troubleshoot anything.

But the market is wide open!!!!

Seriously, most problems can be diagnosed by being honest about what we have actually done, without short cutting steps.

No one likes to admit they missed something.

I usually discover this after being adamant I did it right.

Challenge us? Its a $20 chain. Guy has been given every idea under the sun (all of which he tried) except just replacing the chain.

I dont know about you, but I don't spend thousands of dollars on tires, engine rebuilds, entry fees, fuel, and time away from home just to have a DNF because I was too cheap to replace a $20 chain.

I think since hes changed the chain as well .
Maybe a non issue .
Whack it with a hammer at the tight spot...;)

I'm so over it , going to prep tires in a closed off room! Set the slack at the tight spot it's getting sent Saturday afternoon.

Go to parts truck for a new rlv, using master link no breaker tool running full length 120

Challenge us? Its a $20 chain. Guy has been given every idea under the sun (all of which he tried) except just replacing the chain.

I dont know about you, but I don't spend thousands of dollars on tires, engine rebuilds, entry fees, fuel, and time away from home just to have a DNF because I was too cheap to replace a $20 chain.

Thank you for the understanding!

Changed motor mount

Rear sprocket

Rear sprocket hub

Sprocket guard

Axle

Rear rotor * bent * new now

Swapped clutches from 2 to my 3 disk

Changed drivers used and new

Adj motor mount left to right aligned on 1 side

Squeezed chain on sprocket and then tightened down gear

Removed left side rear guard sprocket

Swapped 2 chains
1 new new
1 that's 3 race old

I have this problem on my slack pursuit. with the light weight 4 bolt hub the one with the set screw. I've indicated axle even crank for runout nothing. I can see by eye the sprocket bounces even with sprockets for the 4 bolt hub I discovered. I couldn't find a good way to indicate the hub. I think my hub is bad. What does everyone recommend from hubs. I was thinking floating or clamp on idk 4 or 6 either. Also on the clamp on one's to you leave a little clearance between clamps Thanks in advance.

Back