Chain Difference

Al, similar style RLV makes (like many other brands), but unfortunately from my experience their chain breaker doesn't work well with their space chains. Seems like the slot width is too large allowing the bushing to shift. It would be interesting Brian what your other brand chain breakers are dimensioned to compared to the RLV one.

Attachments

• Chain Breaker Dimensions.png
    Chain Breaker Dimensions.png
    495.8 KB · Views: 4
Not to hi-jack, but Al what chain breaker do you recommend for space chains? When I first got into karting I bought RLV spacer chain ( #35 gold on gold) and also the RLV #35 chain breaker. I always had issues removing and adding links though because, on one side, the chain breaker would push the bushing flush to the inner link; then when you went to join the join the outer links would not be parallel and the chain would bind. I ended up switching to a regina chain which is not a spacer chain and problem was solved.
I had issues with this . The cure was push it from the other side a bit till it frees up .
Its a muti use tool with user technique being a key to its usage .

I'm not Al, but I can comment that quality between chain break tools varies widely.
We have a chain break tool made locally that is considerably better quality than the typical import chain break tools. Of course, that quality comes with increased cost.
We also stock the import ones for those on a tighter budget.
If we can help, give us a call at the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I had issues with this . The cure was push it from the other side a bit till it frees up .
Its amuti use tool muti use tool with user technique being a key to its usage .
"It
I's a must use tool", Thank you.
Unfortunately, as I hear, there are copycats building inferior copies. The one you see in the picture was my personal unit and served me well for several years. Why I still have it I have no clue. One thing, it never failed me, not even one time.

I think our made-in-USA one is around $28, I could be wrong, Sarah knows prices much better than I do.
The import ones are around $10 cheaper, but don't be snookered by the price - the USA ones are worth 10 times a cheap one.
thank you. Unbelievable, in 1974 they retailed for $25. Nobody's making money now, not at that price.

I recently bought a new Bully 11 tooth driver and my chain wouldn't fit it. So I took a brand new chain and draped it over the new gear, it didn't fit either. I emailed Bully about it and they sent me a long, detailed description of the manufacturing process, mentioned different brands of chains, and in general covered every possible thing that might be a problem... except the driver itself. I used an older 11 driver and carried on. Anybody need a new driver?

CNC is great unless the wrong dimensions are loaded in.
Then there needs to be some sort of QC .
Maybe theres a problem .

I recently bought a new Bully 11 tooth driver and my chain wouldn't fit it. So I took a brand new chain and draped it over the new gear, it didn't fit either. I emailed Bully about it and they sent me a long, detailed description of the manufacturing process, mentioned different brands of chains, and in general covered every possible thing that might be a problem... except the driver itself. I used an older 11 driver and carried on. Anybody need a new driver?
Exactly what I did. Mine is a Tuck n Run brand, but we have a few of them. All work but the new one.

Back