chain draggone or not?

Is there a performance benefit to a chain draggone , or is it only the ease of changing gears? I have a good friend that has a few....one is still in the box pretty new and he told me I could have it for $25. Should I?

Scott from chain draggone will see this and fill ya in. I have never used one,but have seen them on karts and all have like them

I think that it can't hurt, thats for sure .....and I think theres is a little bit of performance to be gained from it ! jmo

Still worth it, the DB06 still manages chain harmonics which is one of the biggest advantages of the Chain Draggone system. You CAN'T got wrong for $25!

We've run with them and without them. It'll do exactly what Scott claims it will do. For $25 you can't go wrong -- try it and come to your own conclusion about them.

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407

Is there a performance benefit to a chain draggone , or is it only the ease of changing gears? I have a good friend that has a few....one is still in the box pretty new and he told me I could have it for $25. Should I?

Coal Miner,
I'm not sure what DragGone you are getting but keep in mind some examples of performance. It doesn't add 2hp. to your kart! If it is a side cover mount DragGone than know what engine you are going to mount it to or what version it is. Flat head or Animal. The side cover mounts were all about chain harmonics and minimizing the stresses on the clutch, crank and provided a specific path to the rear sprocket for the chain. Remember the wheel is rolling with the chain not dragging it over a static plastic part. Performance gain, no drag on the drive line...

If it is the ZQ1 or 2 system the Isolation of the engine from the chassis and ability for the engine to expand and contract rather than conform to the mounting plate like a girdle, this is a performance + that = more HP and Torque an example. If It is still in the box it is the best money you have spent for your kart racing program. You could buy some more prep or a tire but you will race with a DragGone for seasons instead of a race or two. If you need directions for your unit let me know, aligning the chain, DragGone, and clutch is quite easy don't use a Lazer but align it by the sound it makes when you rotate the rear axle. If it pops stop and see if a pin is not quite all the way seated in the links. The wheel only touches the chain with the rib in the wheel as the rib supports the chain by interacting with the rollers on the chain. The reason the DragGone wheel is so efficient, is the design. On the early models the pins were part of making the wheel rotate, this was changed because I didn't want the pulse of the interaction of the wheel and chain to affect the rotation. Coal miner, you being a electrician you have to know about resistance in a wire. Too much resistance results in the wire = overheating and failing, possible fire. A static guide is like wrong wire being used because as the pins hit the the guide they drag and do not provide a positive direction of the chain to the rear sprocket in a EFFICIENT manor. Performance gain, is a positive movement of the chain to the rear sprocket and a very positive interaction angle between the sprocket and chain rollers.

You would not drive your truck with a drive shaft u joint falling apart, why race with a chain that slaps the sprocket guards and beats the clutch drivers into fish hooks?
Scott@chaindraggone

Back