Chain DragGone Question

I just bought a ChainDragGone for a clone and I don't believe that I understand the instructions; hoping some of you can help me.

When running the ChainDragGone, is the swing arm supposed to be "springy" or do you lock it down using the dither bridge bolt? If I allow full tension of the load spring to push up on the wheel, it seems to cause too much drag.

I'm just not understanding the instructions I suppose...

Thanks in advance,

Randy B.

Lock it down.with driver in kart race ready, it's not.going.to roll as free as it did without one which is normal

I just bought a ChainDragGone for a clone and I don't believe that I understand the instructions; hoping some of you can help me.

When running the ChainDragGone, is the swing arm supposed to be "springy" or do you lock it down using the dither bridge bolt? If I allow full tension of the load spring to push up on the wheel, it seems to cause too much drag.

I'm just not understanding the instructions I suppose...

Thanks in advance,

Randy B.

Randy,
I can only guess you are making the adjustments to the DragGone while the kart is on the stand. If this is the case you have read the directions right and the resistance you are seeing is because:
1. You may have too short of chain, excessive load on the swing arm and Exorcist wheel.
2. The Exorcist wheel is new and the rib has not integrated with the chain and gear set that you are using.
3.Once your alignment is set and you spin the rear axle with the rear tires on, the axle should rotate about three times. If this is a new set up this is what you should be looking for.
4.The Dither bridge 1/4 inch allen bolt should be LOCKED after making a adjustment to the sprockets or clutch change.
5.Once you have accomplished all above set the chassis on the shop floor with all tires on the kart and watch the top portion of the chain from the rear sprocket to the clutch. It will have slack in it now because of the chassis flex, stagger and cross.
6. Step in the seat and again watch the top portion of the chain, you will notice a net gain in the slack of the chain you, other wise would not have noticed.

The comments above are valid make your final adjustment while the driver is seated on the scales or shop floor. Clutch response is quicker, less vibration from the OLE Clone and a lot easier to change sprockets with out moving the engine. Technology changes the way we live, same with the DragGone it changes how we do the things we always did. It is simply more efficient and consistent, besides the part about how it spins on the stand is irrelevant, how it moves or spins in a loaded state is the key.

Hope this helps as it is in the directions, may be this is a little clearer.

Scott@chaindraggone.net

Back