chain guard padding?

Hunter82

Been out for awhile and never raced clones till this year and after my first race the back of my upper right arm was bruised black for a week from resting on the bulky chain guard used nowadays. I'm a tall guy and its just naturally the location my elbow/upper arm finds itself in, the steering shaft is already in top hole for height but my arms are just too long not to rest there.. What do some of you do to get around this, foam on top of guard? Some type of upper arm padding inside your suit? Etc etc or just live with it? My ribs were a Lil bruised too because I'm skinnier now than I used to be and have no meat on them anymore but I'm thinking of duct taping a thin layer of foam inside seat for that but puzzled on chain guard, ideas?

-Rowdy Wayne

were use a mouse pad riveted down to the clutch guard
Got to be one of the coolest ideas I've ever heard, in fact got me scratching my head why didn't I think of that lol. Any thoughts on whether that would work for right side seat padding as well? I'm thinking seriously of trying it. Kart has plenty of speed in it but no good if driver is miserable lol.

As to the clutch guard I'm intrigued by it but its still made of aluminum so wouldn't it still bruise you? Not knocking it just curious..

-Rowdy Wayne

braden just informed me we use 2 mouse pads rivited down,the clutch unit is cool as heck,a guy might put a pad down on the outside possibly.

I got a set of hard plastic knee pads from Home Depot. Replace the nylon and Velcro strap with a leather belt. Cut the belt shorter and make new holes so you can secure the pad to your upper arm over your jacket. I did this for heat protection but also helps pad your arm.

Saw a removable pad made from foam on aluminum on Cameron Carter's kart Sunday at Liberty's open practice. Cameron is a very talented fabricator, and had some pieces for sale like these pads and a knee rest that bolts to the master cylinder on a Triton. Very slick pieces indeed.

There is a kind of flat floater all different colors for kids when in a pool, it's the same as the pool noodles but flat, any 99 cent store, I use it in my seat.........

We bought kids soccer knee pads from Walmart and used them for the right arm as elbow pads. (one at a time) Very inexpensive
Bill

Back