Chain issue

kartboy63

do yall have different axles or chains on something, because i have just a 390 on mine and cant keep a chain on, its a 2015 kinetik that i always ran a small block SA motor on, now it throws the chain in a lap or two

Are you running a left rear weight jacker? Cold be pitching axle too much.

What wall thickness of axle are you using? Torque/stall...unloading and loading of axle can be a big issue.

Motor plate flex upon torque loading.

Chassis flex...more common on older 1 1/8” chassis’s.

Check your chain alignment with a flashlight at bottom of chain at rear sprocket entry. Look directly through top part of chain to check entry to sprocket.

I'm with flattop1... check your motor mount, make sure it fits evenly and securely. I had a stretch of chain problems, blamed everything chain related until I saw the motor mount was no longer sitting squarely on the frame. switched mounts, problem solved.

Good point .
A simple spring loaded tensioner or guide rail on the bottom chain run .
I just use the old plastic steering shaft mount on an adjustable bracket with the chain ran thru the hole.
Started using these in the '80's to be able to take a tap in the wheel without losing the chain.

Are you running a left rear weight jacker? Cold be pitching axle too much.

What wall thickness of axle are you using? Torque/stall...unloading and loading of axle can be a big issue.

Motor plate flex upon torque loading.

Chassis flex...more common on older 1 1/8” chassis’s.
2015 kinetic stock axle, no weight jacker

When the chain gets thrown always replace it with a new chain. There may be a small kink in the thrown chain causing it to jump the sprocket.

Check alignment and tension with you in the kart and without. Weird things happen with some setups. I used a lower guide to fix a problem I had once.

Back