Chain Maintenance

A mild degreaser and blow it out with air and hit it with Tri flow or wd40. Some use an ultrasonic cleaner with good results but at 14.00-20.00 a pop I try not to overthink it.

I do it the same as OVALTECH1, except after the cleaning and blow dry with compressed air, I hit it with an aerosol motorcycle chain lube - they go on and penetrate like WD40, then harden into a hard wax like consistency that is really tenacious, lubes fine but doesn't attract a lot of dirt. Just another way; probably no better than Tri Flow, just another extension of over 50 years of riding and maintaining motorcycles.

I drop ours in the ultrasonic cleaner filled with wd40 after each race. Blow em out, install and lube with tri flow

I always put a small tie-wrap on engine side of chain before removing, this way chain goes back on in same direction.
I put it in can of mineral spirits and let it soak for a day then blow and oil.

I clean with mineral spirits and blow the chain out. Then heat with a heat gun and spray chain wax on inside and out. Doesnt fling into clutch. Chain last a whole year for me

Back