Chain tight spot issues

Ekite

Is a chain that has a tight spot in it when you spin it just due to chain being worn? It seems to have the tight spot regardless of which driver or gear that is on the kart. Axle rolls freely and does not look to have any warpage in it when it is spun.

Loosen the sprocket nuts, squeeze the two sprocket halves together so their is no gap. While squeezing, tighten the nuts back up.

Did you use a chain break to put your chain back together ? If so when you presses the pin back in you may have over tightened it causing a link to bind.

I have been having similar issues. It looks like my plastic sprocket guard is bent in towards the chain , pushing on the side of the sprocket.

Loosen butterflies a little and wiggle the motor to center it. Some motor mounts have more play then others and can let the motor sit a little sideways. Also play with your pattern when you tighten the butterflies.

The hole in the center of the sprocket has tolerances, the shoulder, (where the sprocket lines up) on the sprocket carrier has tolerances. I use to turn the rear axle to the tight spot in the chain, put a piece of wood on the back edge of the chain and hit it with a hammer. No more problem.

Thanks all I have removed the plastic guard as it was hitting the gear just a little. Motor mounts do have some wear in it that affects tightness i have found. The chain looks to be worn some so I will try a new chain as thats cheaper than a motor mount to try first.

I took my plastic guard off & laid out in the sun for a day or so. It took some of the curve out of it.

The hole in the center of the sprocket has tolerances, the shoulder, (where the sprocket lines up) on the sprocket carrier has tolerances. I use to turn the rear axle to the tight spot in the chain, put a piece of wood on the back edge of the chain and hit it with a hammer. No more problem.
You would hit the chain on the top down under the chain guard?

Im just going to say do not over think this .
A little tight might not be worth the trouble .
Tight enough that you have too give extra effort to rotate through needs addressed .

Back