Champ Kart Hop

Running an Icon champ on yellow vegas on an 1/8 mile asphalt oval.

Kart has a bad hop center out and the front end seems almost twitchy with a hop on entry.

Left: 60.42%
Nose: 46.82%
Cross: 56.56%
Camber: -4.25 and .50
Caster: 8/4
Air: 12/10
Toe: RF 1/16 out
Front stagger: 1 1/2
Rear stagger: 1 7/8

Anyone have any advice?

Champs always run that much camber ?
Maybe less nose . On syrup when the frt started wobbling/hopping that fixed it .
A flat kart .

Running an Icon champ on yellow vegas on an 1/8 mile asphalt oval.

Kart has a bad hop center out and the front end seems almost twitchy with a hop on entry.

Left: 60.42%
Nose: 46.82%
Cross: 56.56%
Camber: -4.25 and .50
Caster: 8/4
Air: 12/10
Toe: RF 1/16 out
Front stagger: 1 1/2
Rear stagger: 1 7/8

Anyone have any advice?
I'm used to seeing air pressure and caster listed left then right, I'm assuming you listed right then left ?

Just a thought, I have always set my PRC flat karts (and everything else for that matter) with my Square and Toe which puts the right front static neutral and the toe adjustment made on the LF. With the grip level on asphalt, maybe the RF being toed out is causing a grip/release/grip scenario on corner exit. All the vids I have seen Harrill put out, always align the RF and RR to square. Just a thought...

Just a thought, I have always set my PRC flat karts (and everything else for that matter) with my Square and Toe which puts the right front static neutral and the toe adjustment made on the LF. With the grip level on asphalt, maybe the RF being toed out is causing a grip/release/grip scenario on corner exit. All the vids I have seen Harrill put out, always align the RF and RR to square. Just a thought...
I'll give it a shot. Was also thinking about playing with the caster.

Do you have a head support on seat? If so take it off...Make sure seat is not bound up..How wide is your rear axle?

Make sure nothing else is bound up,bumpers etc....No tire prep!! Could you be getting into the corners too early. Try a later apex and drive straighter off the corners. If you have a cut LR,try a thick.Might be releasing lr before center of corner...

I have a couple different LR's to play with the see if that will free it up and help it rotate. Full rubber, cut, older/harder compound.

I did close up the caster split, added some more left, and dropped the cross.

Thank you for your suggestions!

I have a couple different LR's to play with the see if that will free it up and help it rotate. Full rubber, cut, older/harder compound.

I did close up the caster split, added some more left, and dropped the cross.

Thank you for your suggestions!
5.5 or 6" wide wheel (standard small left rear tire same as LF.)
thin, corded, harder LR will help free the car up - same as we do on syrup.

Back