champ kart rules

Looking for some champ kart rules.

They used to be in the old wka tech manuals but looking for current rules if anyone knows where to find them

Looking for wheel base and cage height rules mainly for jr sportsman and sr champ.

Do they no longer need to be certified( Taged) like years ago?

Thanks

Looking for some champ kart rules.

They used to be in the old wka tech manuals but looking for current rules if anyone knows where to find them

Looking for wheel base and cage height rules mainly for jr sportsman and sr champ.

Do they no longer need to be certified( Taged) like years ago?

Thanks

They are no longer certified...cage rules to a certain extent have kind of gone by the way side.

Sportsman Buggy is same as flat kart (40"), Senior Buggy is 42"

WKA still has the rules in their book with the dimensions. I can send you some pictures of the pages if you PM me your number.

Why doesn't some enterprising champ kart company make a rear bearing hanger like QRC so that it can be set at 40" or 42" and "grow with the driver?"
1607091652549.png

If it was made as a slip-joint with double bolts to make it solid, it would. Or the company could offer customizable height options. I'm pretty sure I can get into a low cage sportsman... The point it, for someone motivated, it would be possible to design a system that would last through the progression...

Been three years since I crew chiefed on a champ kart, so I haven't looked at the rules that closely, but the last I looked at the cage height rules for Jr. Sportsman Champ, I wouldn't want to try and put an adult in one regardless of wheelbase.

Back