Champion rockers ?

tcwhat

Do you have to run a guide plate with them and with a 308 cam do you need longer pushrods the rockers almost have no adjustment left with the guide plate installed. Geometry don't look right at all. Any help would be appreciated.

We have been running champion rockers for years without the guide plate, we also have cut the head surface a considerable amount and find that we have to run a thin shim under the rocker stand to get the correct geometry.

I run stock length pushrods, uncut clone head, and a M8 flat washer under my Champion rocker stand. Geometry is fine with this set-up. Your results may vary.

The rocker I make for the 1:3 clones will not work in the hemi. The hemi shaft is 8mm and my rockers are 10mm. Working on a solution for these.
The champion will not work on a hemi.
Lewis

Sorry to necro this thread, but it was the closest to my question. I have a GX200 head that I milled and ported. I recently got my hands on a Champion 224cc engine and saw that the two heads are interchangeable. I want to use the Honda head since I already did the work on it but swap the Champion rockers into it. Everyone says don't use a guide plate, but the Champion came with one which makes me nervous about not using it. Do I still throw it away? Thanks

I believe they are talking about aftermarket roller rockers named Champion, not the Champion brand Chinese engines.

Back