Changing to pz22 carb

Lkerley

Working trying to get an "intake" for my raptor and doing away with the tank not having much luck.I have seen one in kit form pz22 carb,intake and filter have not found just the intake.As far as a carb which would be best to go with pz22 or mikuni 22 maybe a 26 mm
The motor is a s/a build .015 over,96-3,big valves on 87 octane a strong motor not used in kart racing.
thanks again for any help.

Last edited:
Sweet . 22mm is 22mm , i dont see why the pz would not work .
Jet avalibility might be a concern . I would probably solder them shut and drill them any how 😉 .

Sweet . 22mm is 22mm , i dont see why the pz would not work .
Jet avalibility might be a concern . I would probably solder them shut and drill them any how 😉 .
Will a pz22 or mikuni be able to supply enough gas with the stock jets,or would a 24mm just be Overkill.

Last edited:
Stock 22 jetting should be fine with as small of cam as you have. If anything, I'd take the pilot up a thou. at a time to help it throttle better.
Now, you mentioned big valves -- are your intentions to "grow" this engine a step at a time?
If that's the case, then step up on carb now and then do the cam to match the valve size that you have.
You do not need big valves with a .233" lift cam is why I am asking.
Depending on your valve size and carb selection though, you will be able to use a 28 carb at some down the road.
Getting a manifold to fit a Mikuni to a flathead should not be a problem -- I would think most larger kart shops and engine builders would have them in stock. For sure Mark has'em.
I just shipped a stock appearing PZ22 yesterday.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Stock 22 jetting should be fine with as small of cam as you have. If anything, I'd take the pilot up a thou. at a time to help it throttle better.
Now, you mentioned big valves -- are your intentions to "grow" this engine a step at a time?
If that's the case, then step up on carb now and then do the cam to match the valve size that you have.
You do not need big valves with a .233" lift cam is why I am asking.
Depending on your valve size and carb selection though, you will be able to use a 28 carb at some down the road.
Getting a manifold to fit a Mikuni to a flathead should not be a problem -- I would think most larger kart shops and engine builders would have them in stock. For sure Mark has'em.
I just shipped a stock appearing PZ22 yesterday.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
yes.next rebuild 107ss but that's it as far as bigger...I did get an intake from mark.so you think 28 mm now? will that be to much for the motor right now? thanks

yes.next rebuild 107ss but that's it as far as bigger...I did get an intake from mark.so you think 28 mm now? will that be to much for the motor right now? thanks

Yes, it is more than enough for your cam, but depending on the size of your valves/seats, I think it would be a much better match than the 22. The 22 is a nice fit for stock valves and stock cam.

1575049948137.png

Tel 920-207-9180 CLOSE OUT

Found out alot about the pz 22 aftermarket carb.unbelieveable improvement.But I can say took alot of work on my s/a motor alot of trial and error alot of drilling on the jet and pilot.But I can say now worth every bit off it...Now my motor is a pump gas motor your results may vary.

thank you.very sorry. I could be helpful that is what's this forum is for 🤔.give me a min. let me make sure I give the right sizes.

Again this is an aftermarket pz22 carb like mikuni with an ec carbs pz22 f.h intake.I used a gyro drill bit set drilled them from stock to #70 .028 pilot and #66 .033 jet.Also needle clip on very bottom groove.Air bleed screw turned a little more than half out.Not sure of float height measurement.I can get that if anyone would like it? I did it like an old Holley carb turned it upside down and got the middle line level from the side view.This is on a drag style minibike.

Last edited:
Good job . Glad you stuck with it and figured it out .
Level is what I would have done .
My HD delorto runs out of fuel on top one freind told me drop the fuel level so the needle opens more . Against my train of thought , I guess it could work .

Interesting makes sense...Just wondering how big you could go 26mm 28 mm with stock lift,stock valves???A fun thought..Really don't want to mess with that beautiful EC intake. Forgot to add important detail.Needle clip on very bottom groove.will edit.

Last edited:
Back