Chassis and tires

After Missy Bootes cleaned house a week ago at Ashway now everyone wants a Slack Pursuit .
Far more than one event is opening racers eyes to the Pursuit. Missy is fast everywhere she runs. The Diamond Cuts team & BRB have had several podium finishes at multiple tracks throughout the Mid-West and Southeast all year. Even your local Payne Speed Shop has a team driver on a Pursuit.

I think i was the first Slack Ashway had ever seen. (2012 Axiom) no one had ever heard of them and now they are the talk of the town.
We are the only slacks in Florida/GA and certainly are making heads roll. Our team has about 5-6 of them down here now and everyone thats on them love them. They are tire friendly and fast no matter what the racing surface. PMI really did something right with the Pursuit, thats for sure!

I had a Slack Dealer text me yesterday telling me that exact thing. He wanted to call but I was busy at the time. Over the weekend we ran into many many many Pursuits in Northern Ohio. This is one reason I asked this question.

I’m going to update all my front end parts. Get my setup methods down and repeatable. I know we’ll run fast once we’re there because we hadn’t been worse than 4th place all summer. Never felt like we were out-classed.
We're you at the Mark and PJ memorial race this past weekend? Seen you mention northern ohio.

Rivals and Prodigy's are top karts more often than not here in the high bite Burris country. After Missy Bootes cleaned house a week ago at Ashway now everyone wants a Slack Pursuit . Any reputable kart can win. If a chassis is a good design, it will work on any tire. there is a lot of adjust ability on any new chassis that you can fine tune for any difference in tires
You are correct… Missy Bootes looked awesome, but I’ve watched her race all over the eastern US and I promise you that she is that good anywhere she shows up, I talked with Tony about their success with the slack karts and he told me that they test mostly on Burris for slack, I think there is a lot that goes into testing not just a certain tire manufacturer but the Burris works well on a slack, I know Bo Billings out of Ky is on a slack as well and is having good success, his Dad Brian is a KY dealer for slack.. if I were in the market for a new kart for primarily Burris, I would highly lean to the slack, now a small tube Rival is also a good kart for smaller driver applications just remember No kart is going to be good with just ok tires !

gear ratio, tires, set up, motor, driving and chassis (in no particular order). all have got to be on point to win at a big show. 6 drivers not on Slacks had faster lap times. It was more than just her chassis that won that night.

I asked Brian about the small tubes vs Slack. He told me that Slack testing has yielded results that support no advantage for small tube Slack Pursuits. Basically, they don’t see any difference with the results which is why they are only large tube.

So are we talking Slack vs small tubes from other mfg’s? If we were comparing Slack vs big tubes would there be much difference?

I asked Brian about the small tubes vs Slack. He told me that Slack testing has yielded results that support no advantage for small tube Slack Pursuits. Basically, they don’t see any difference with the results which is why they are only large tube.

So are we talking Slack vs small tubes from other mfg’s? If we were comparing Slack vs big tubes would there be much difference?
I'm right in there playground here where they race most, BMS Series, Keystone Series, Bigger events at what ever local track, the Snook boy is always top 3 in Jr 2 and 3 against whatever, Nick's son runs great in Rookie against what ever, Jon Keister, Tyler Brown, Missy , Dimm, are always top 3 against what ever, day races or night races.
Petty race engines is correct Slack testing is more on Burris than any other chassis.

either one can win. I have beaten Prodigy cadets, Rivals and Pursuits with a 2012 Axiom. The only issue you're gonna have is that All of these karts are about on their last year. Barrett Terry was on a Ultramax Prototype in that race at Ashway. When i purchased my Charger they hinted it was the Prodigy's last year, and although Slack does not do the new kart every year like Phantom its been around for a while and I believe will be testing next year if they haven't already started. Personally i would go with whoever gives the most support locally. always nice to get something like a spindle with out hoping it will arrive before the next weekend.

I'm right in there playground here where they race most, BMS Series, Keystone Series, Bigger events at what ever local track, the Snook boy is always top 3 in Jr 2 and 3 against whatever, Nick's son runs great in Rookie against what ever, Jon Keister, Tyler Brown, Missy , Dimm, are always top 3 against what ever, day races or night races.
Petty race engines is correct Slack testing is more on Burris than any other chassis.
Missy, Tyler, and Jon are all fast in a slack kart and this isn’t a knock on slack but in the end it still comes down to being on the right tire for the given track condition. All of the above are REALLY GOOD at that.

Missy, Tyler, and Jon are all fast in a slack kart and this isn’t a knock on slack but in the end it still comes down to being on the right tire for the given track condition. All of the above are REALLY GOOD at that.
TritonJr was a Rocket tonight. Started in the back and got caught up in a cation moved to last in a 12 car field but manage to win the heat on the last lap. Ran away with the feature. Same deal in Jr3 started dead last after a caution in the feature but couldn’t make the last lap pass. Finished 2nd with a broken seat.

Back