Chassis choice

Randy541960

Been away from sprint racing for a while but still have a 2003 wide track LE only 6 races on it. I am thinking about using it for 206 racing but am wondering if it will work for the upcoming CIK rule enforcement. If so any recommendations for scale set up and axle requirements.
Thanks for any help Randy

I'm not too familiar with ur particular chassis. If it was originally designed as a 2 stroke chassis and u want to convert it to a 4 stroke LO 206 configuration it is generally is no problem. I have converted 5 so far. The one issue you need to be made aware of is chain clearance. The two major problem areas is the right seat strut and the rear frame cross bar. This wasn't an issue with TonyKart, SKM or Haase but it was a problem with the Birel. The Birel crossbar had to be cut, moved forward and rewelded.

Other than adding a brake tether and safety wiring the heck out of it the rules are the same Briggs and CIK rules we all know and love. Clutch is a Hilliard or similar. If you are considering WKA Road Racing then the drive gear is 21T and the rear gear is 58T plus or minus a tooth or two. Scaling is an entire conversation but generally 47 front, 53 rear and 50 side to side is a good start. Rear axle choice depends on your set-up preference. The last race at Daytona had an even split between 40mm and 50mm.

Back