Chassis choices ?

racer47

I see it said here that when choosing a motor that it makes sense to most, to choose someone local that can give you good local support. Is this good advice for a chassis as well ? I am in the market for a new or nearly new chassis and Im not hung up on 1 particular brand. But I am thinking that maybe my best bet is to pick a brand that the dealer is seen at the track a lot instead of picking a "name". Do you agree ?

You may just want to pick up a Dynamics of Speed by Todd Godwin or a McCarty's Chassis Manual instead. Look and see what the good guys are using, get a baseline and then tune it. I guess that puts me in the "Not Really".

i dont think there are many chassis builders in GA. they may not have the expirence of people like prc or other large named chassis builders. the only help you could get is calling the chassis manufactorer or a dealer. or 2x what racing psychosis said " that puts me in the NOT REALLY ''

Depending on where you're at with your racing and kart setup/tuning abilities, it may help to have a local shop that supports and knows your chassis. Especially if they're normally at the track you race at. If you don't usually need any help setting up your kart, it probably doesn't matter. If your local parts trailer doesn't carry parts for your brand of chassis, you may need to keep a more extensive stock of extra parts in your trailer, though.

Im not looking for the guy that built the chassis to show up at the tracks that I run, but thinking that a local dealer that comes to the races might be a benefit.

I am able to do my own chassis set up, but getting a newer different chassis may present some challenges. Just would like to bend and experienced ear that knows the chassis and the tracks.

I agree with you racer47, and I think having somebody at the track you can go to when you need a little advice if valuable.

I see it said here that when choosing a motor that it makes sense to most, to choose someone local that can give you good local support. Is this good advice for a chassis as well ? I am in the market for a new or nearly new chassis and Im not hung up on 1 particular brand. But I am thinking that maybe my best bet is to pick a brand that the dealer is seen at the track a lot instead of picking a "name". Do you agree ?

racer47,

I tend to agree with your statement regarding engine builders. A local, successful, good engine builder is usually the best route to go. That way you may pick up and drop off your engine and also speak with your engine builder face to face without having to ship an engine back and forth.

However, when it comes to chassis and manufacturers, it's a bit different. Phantom Racing Chassis has over 30 dealers & distributors that carry genuine PRC parts, and chassis. In this case, you're located in Georgia. PRC has four dealers in Georgia: Evans & Hood Racing, Jimmy Rivers Performance Works, Performance Engines & Chassis (PEC), and Paschal Racing. As a dealer of PRC, these companies are liable to provide you with any support or assistance you may need when it comes to chassis performance, or maintenance. And we at PRC will provide you with the same level of support when it comes to any of our chassis.

This is different than engine builders because generally engine builders do not have dealers & distributors. When it comes to chassis, you need to focus on performance, reliability, consistency, and feedback. We pride ourselves in all categories at PRC. We never claim to be the best, but we will always try our absolute best!

If you need any help in selecting a chassis, give me a call. We're open Monday thru Thursday from 7:00 am until 6:00 pm. Our telephone number is (704) 855-3165. While offering new chassis packages at competitive prices, we also have a trade-in program with plenty of used chassis coming in and out at any given time.

Be blessed,
James Stanley Jr.
Sales Manager
Phantom Racing Chassis
www.phantomchassis.com
(704) 855-3165

Back