Chassis flexing when Chain grabbed by hand

Retracer1

Is it normal for a chassis to flex when grabbing the chain between the engine and axle and squeezing chain together? I know the axle normally bows a little bit but I can see what looks like the chassis/engine flexing when I do this.

Is it the chassis flexing or the engine mount flexing… I had a problem with my SA digging in and it would flex the quick change mount and eat chains.

I haven't seen a scythe. Is it flexing the right frame rail, or the left?

Just thinking about chassis philosophies. And spring rates.

I haven't seen a scythe. Is it flexing the right frame rail, or the left?

Just thinking about chassis philosophies. And spring rates.
I think it’s the left rail that the motor mount slides on, possibly the cross bar behind the seat. I’m not around it right now I need to look again

On our scythes chain tension on the stand is quite a bit different than when sitting just the kart on the ground, let alone putting a driver in it. Nothing to worry about, I doubt its flexing the two right side rails, but with only the single center bolts in the engine mounts they do flex if you put pressure on the chain between crank and axle. As long as engine mount its tight and doesn't show signs of wear in the anodizing I wouldn't think twice about it.

On our scythes chain tension on the stand is quite a bit different than when sitting just the kart on the ground, let alone putting a driver in it. Nothing to worry about, I doubt its flexing the two right side rails, but with only the single center bolts in the engine mounts they do flex if you put pressure on the chain between crank and axle. As long as engine mount its tight and doesn't show signs of wear in the anodizing I wouldn't think twice about it.
It really could be in the motor mount, thanks for the info

Back