Chassis Geometry

Racer27

My Question is if you are running high left side for instance 61% and try and run high cross 69% with this. isnt the two at this point working against each other ? Vs running the cross and left closer to allow a more balanced chassis on hard biting tracks.

the information that im asking about is not specific in any of those comments. I understand caster camber left and ect go hand and hand but im asking . if your high on left to increase roll speed does this affect the balance of the kart if you on high cross and if kart is not level / balanced will it cause it to work against each other

the information that im asking about is not specific in any of those comments. I understand caster camber left and ect go hand and hand but im asking . if your high on left to increase roll speed does this affect the balance of the kart if you on high cross and if kart is not level / balanced will it cause it to work against each other
My answer would be no it wouldn't, in fact lower cross matching left would be worse, because when they match that's the tightest you'll get that set up, With that high left, High cross Increase RF camber to fit in and you enhanced roll speed even more.

To go with this, general thought is closer cross is to left, the tighter the chassis is.

This applies to below left as well.

Chassis design, front weight, changes needs to be able to utilize any particular setup.

You cannot simply throw more left, or more cross on a sprint type chassis and expect to get the same results as you would get running those numbers on a chassis designed for this.

Last edited:
To go with this, general thought is closer cross is to left, the tighter the chassis is.

Chassis design, front weight, changes needs to be able to utilize any particular setup.

You cannot simply throw more left, or more cross on a sprint type chassis and expect to get the same results as you would get running those numbers on a chassis designed for this.
Did I miss something he's asking about for a sprint chassis not LTO ? OR am I missing your point ?

Did I miss something he's asking about for a sprint chassis not LTO ? OR am I missing your point ?
Just saying you cannot arbitrarily apply a high cross, high left setup to a chassis not designed for it.
Even on chassis designed for this, other changes are required to get the most out of it.

Just saying you cannot arbitrarily apply a high cross, high left setup to a chassis not designed for it.
Even on chassis designed for this, other changes are required to get the most out of it.
I would agree, when he said 61 % left I assumed he was talking a newer chassis, I should not have assumed or should of pointed that out, on a newer chassis not a lot more changes required to get the most out of it on track maybe more on paper.

I also would agree with the part of this post cross lower than left also tightens, however I feel when they match that's the tightest it will be, now lower left to 58 % and cross to 58 % would be even Tighter than 61 % left and 61 % cross.

Last edited:
Just thunkin on this now with nothin better to do so here goes ....

You start jackin up cross only because you want to get more or better use out of your RF tire via weight put to it.
If ya put weight to the RF and it carries the weight it not only frees up the rest of the tires letting them run better with less weight on them it also puts weight and turning power to the RF so you can win battles for control of direction if needed with the RF.
I'm thunkin the secret to how you win the battle is about how much left side weight your left with.
Keep the left side weight left and the RF doesn't have as much battling to do to control direction.
Raise left side weight too much and the left side tires let loose and then it doesn't matter much what your RF does because it too gets over come.
Let too much left side weight leave and then the RF has to fight too much for control of direction.
But keep just nuff weight left and the potential fight goes away and you can run the so called free'ist.
... LOL, back to the football game and enough dumb stuff ... :)

yeah I did say too much left side weight may either make the whole thing let loose OR cause the RF to work too hard grinding off speed in the process.
It all depends on where on the track you do what you gota do as in timing.
It's not enough to just know how to use your tires you also need to know when and how much they need to be used. ???? maybee ????

Enough of Shark Tank already and really back to the football game !

Just thunkin on this now with nothin better to do so here goes ....

You start jackin up cross only because you want to get more or better use out of your RF tire via weight put to it.
If ya put weight to the RF and it carries the weight it not only frees up the rest of the tires letting them run better with less weight on them it also puts weight and turning power to the RF so you can win battles for control of direction if needed with the RF.
I'm thunkin the secret to how you win the battle is about how much left side weight your left with.
Keep the left side weight left and the RF doesn't have as much battling to do to control direction.
Raise left side weight too much and the left side tires let loose and then it doesn't matter much what your RF does because it too gets over come.
Let too much left side weight leave and then the RF has to fight too much for control of direction.
But keep just nuff weight left and the potential fight goes away and you can run the so called free'ist.
... LOL, back to the football game and enough dumb stuff ... :)

yeah I did say too much left side weight may either make the whole thing let loose OR cause the RF to work too hard grinding off speed in the process.
It all depends on where on the track you do what you gota do as in timing.
It's not enough to just know how to use your tires you also need to know when and how much they need to be used. ???? maybee ????

Enough of Shark Tank already and really back to the football game !
I don't have an engineering degree or enough smarts to say for sure, but do have enough on track experience to say it makes sense to me.

I’m no chassis scholar either but I’ve been told on high bite track left side is good but on a track your battling for grip it will send you rear out.

Last edited:
Back