Chassis height

Outlaw28

With all other variables staying the same what would raising the ride height of the kart do? I read that guys running coke syrup are trying to lower the ride heights and I’m assuming that takes grip away from the kart?

Lower or higher center of gravity .
More or less weight transfer.
Then there's the bumps outside , if your on a rough track

Really never . But generally you set the ride height higher on dirt .
Coke syrup your trying to keep the inside wheels on the ground and it's pretty near glass smooth .

I got you thanks for helping me understand that. One of these days I need to take the kid up north to try one of these syrup races they look fun

If you plan to run indoors make sure you have 2 spares of everything. My first indoor race I snapped 2 spindles the first night of racing. I have tried to lower the center of gravity on our Jr sportsman when we first started running it. I found that after sitting it on the ground to go out for practice we were dragging the chassis on the ground. Clearances of the chassis were tolerable sitting on the floor of the shop. That is why we use seat and lead placement to have proper weight transfer.

If you plan to run indoors make sure you have 2 spares of everything. My first indoor race I snapped 2 spindles the first night of racing. I have tried to lower the center of gravity on our Jr sportsman when we first started running it. I found that after sitting it on the ground to go out for practice we were dragging the chassis on the ground. Clearances of the chassis were tolerable sitting on the floor of the shop. That is why we use seat and lead placement to have proper weight transfer.
How do the spindles break? And don't they make reinforced ones?

We've broke multiple brand new spindles over the years on syrup, 2 at the same race, 1 in practice, the other starting on the pole of the heat....... I figured it was because of all the left side & nose weight.

I had wrong stagger and smacked the big tractor tires on the left front in turns 1 and 2. I had to have my spindles repaired that night so I could race the second day. I will say my left front went further than my kart did down the track. 😆

Back