Chassis of choice

jhiner26

If you had the funds what chassis would you go out and buy? I'm liking the exodus at the moment but that's subject to change.

If I had money, I'd say any chassis made in the last 5yrs that I could get cheap. Then I would spend the rest on tires, and more tires. That's where it's at. Just my opinion. Thanks
I agree 100%, tires are the key to success. Just wanted to see where everyone stood on chassis choice if money wasnt an issue.

I’d find a last model phenom that was never ridden and find a good tire guy wanting to make a name for his/herself.

I was told the tritons are some of the most forgiving chassis made. After my son racing it twice, I can see why. It gets my vote personally

tires are the bigger question mark than the chassis itself. but take into account your class, weight, track size, how often you'll upgrade, etc... Minecons and other 1-1/8th" karts do turn well in the corners and are super forgiving however they're also more easily flexed out or bent by a bigger rider. plus with the buzz about minecons only being really competitive for 4-6 races before they start to overflex or 'flex out' is a factor worth taking into account if you plan to own it for a few years.. Kinetiks are fantastic, Wesley makes a great product with top notch customer service, but so does Phantom. with a new chassis comes a learning curve so just be prepared. I personally am looking at an Exodus for next year and retiring my '17 recon to a backup or possibly selling it. Kinetik makes both sizes of Exodus, a 1-1/4" and 1-1/8th", but I'll pry change my mind another dozen times by January so who knows.

good luck!

James at prc made a statement awhile back about the minecon saying that they have seen the minecon run a lot of races without loosing flex it’s still made out of the same inner diameter tubing as all the other karts maybe he will chime in haven’t raced ours but one weekend but absolutely loved it

Attachments

• A0546BA1-23B4-4E0A-94EC-522A7206C68F.png
    A0546BA1-23B4-4E0A-94EC-522A7206C68F.png
    485.5 KB · Views: 196
James at prc made a statement awhile back about the minecon saying that they have seen the minecon run a lot of races without loosing flex it’s still made out of the same inner diameter tubing as all the other karts maybe he will chime in haven’t raced ours but one weekend but absolutely loved it

if that's the case i may start looking closer at a minecon again... i liked mine but the 'flex-gate' hysteria made me sell mine before I junked it.

Back