Chassis of choice

I am gonna run stock appearing at my local 1/8th track. The motor is gonna make hopefully around 20hp. What chassis should I go with. I am not buying brand new but I am gonna look for something newer. Should I go with a small tube chassis or a big tube chassis. I was told by another racer that with that much horsepower at that track it is better to have a softer chassis than a stiffer one. I just need advice on what chassis to look for thanks. Also I weigh 155 and by next season I will probably be about 165 possibly even more because I workout everyday and am gaining a BUNCH of muscle weight🤣. I plan on me and the kart probably being right around 350pounds if that info is needed. Thanks

hard to say some would go with a small tube Rivel (soft chassis) but The Premier Kart has had several Big O wins and that chassis is stiff from what I've heard. If you gave me a wad of cash to go out and buy a chassis I would be bringing home a Slack Pursuit without hesitation.

hard to say some would go with a small tube Rivel (soft chassis) but The Premier Kart has had several Big O wins and that chassis is stiff from what I've heard. If you gave me a wad of cash to go out and buy a chassis I would be bringing home a Slack Pursuit without hesitation.
Cameron Carter won the Big O Tribute, on PRC, also the Limited Heavy.
AY did win the Mod Maxx daddy with Premier.

Austin Banker, Austin Wyatt, Austin Yarborough Several wins in limited and open modified on Premiers. If your first name is Austin I would get a Premier. The question is small tube vs big tube. they are both capable so there is no definitive answer. Any newer chassis is capable of winning and all the manufacturers are struggling on what to do next as there is no more speed to be found in the chassis. until there is a breakthrough with tires or the motor I think the chassis are at their limit. Slack plans an optional spacer for the right front. in 5 years with the pursuit that's all they came up with.

Whatever chassis is sold locally with good support is the best answer. Personally I liked the millennium tempest v2. But all chassis are good as long as you can source parts fairly easy.

Austin Banker, Austin Wyatt, Austin Yarborough Several wins in limited and open modified on Premiers. If your first name is Austin I would get a Premier. The question is small tube vs big tube. they are both capable so there is no definitive answer. Any newer chassis is capable of winning and all the manufacturers are struggling on what to do next as there is no more speed to be found in the chassis. until there is a breakthrough with tires or the motor I think the chassis are at their limit. Slack plans an optional spacer for the right front. in 5 years with the pursuit that's all they came up with.
3 years lol, released in 19’ 😉

they told me it was a block between the chassis and the camber/caster block to move the right front out. supposed to "make it more drivable/ turn in better" said it will be an option in 22. The Pursuit is supposed to be a tire friendly Xpect with just minor improvements. Was also told they are not testing anything at the moment. and confirmed by several slack teams. in the past several years there has been no major breakthrough in chassis design (sorry double rails was a flop). hitting tires and gearing will be much more advantageous than a chassis brand.
why doesn't testing count? just because you couldn't buy one doesn't mean it didn't exist

Last edited:
I have run pro, ultramax, and millennium, by far my favorite is millenium, have a faktor and a vector and look to stay on millenium chassis they are a bit on the softer side but the margin sweet spot is large and mildly forgiving on the tire choice

they told me it was a block between the chassis and the camber/caster block to move the right front out. supposed to "make it more drivable/ turn in better" said it will be an option in 22. The Pursuit is supposed to be a tire friendly Xpect with just minor improvements. Was also told they are not testing anything at the moment. and confirmed by several slack teams. in the past several years there has been no major breakthrough in chassis design (sorry double rails was a flop). hitting tires and gearing will be much more advantageous than a chassis brand.
why doesn't testing count? just because you couldn't buy one docent mean it didn't exist
Anytime Jon Keister & Missy hit the track there testing !!

Get the chassis that you have the most support with. They’re all fast these days and capable of winning. It’s all about tires.

Back