Chassis question

Is there a chassis that works best on asphalt? We have a kart race coming up this summer on a 1/4 mile legend track and I dont want to show up on a dirt kart if they are junk. What wins on asphalt? We will be running a Junior 2 class. Thanks

For the most part, any of the good dirt chassis are also good on asphalt, just the setups are quite different.

Thats for sure. I have a couple of pretty decent dirt karts that I took to a new asphalt track and we were junk. Unbelievably bad. Corrected it for the most part with tire size changes (big changes) but could see that chassis adjustments were needed too.

Is there a general consensus for needed chassis setups for tight, short, banked asphalt tracks with later model dirt chassis?

L
Is there a chassis that works best on asphalt? We have a kart race coming up this summer on a 1/4 mile legend track and I dont want to show up on a dirt kart if they are junk. What wins on asphalt? We will be running a Junior 2 class. Thanks
LTO kart chassis are made for both dirt and asphalt oval but setups are different

Is there a general consensus for needed chassis setups for tight, short, banked asphalt tracks with later model dirt chassis?

If you're going from dirt to asphalt, typical changes are:

-More left side
-Less cross
-More RF negative
-Less LF positive
-Less castor
-Narrow LR on a 6" wide wheel
-Lower seat

If you want to go even further, you would utilize a 5* LF castor block/spindle, and a thin wall axle.

Pavement typically has more inherent grip, so you are doing measures to free the kart up more then you would on a dirt surface.

If you're going from dirt to asphalt, typical changes are:

-More left side
-Less cross
-More RF negative
-Less LF positive
-Less castor
-Narrow LR on a 6" wide wheel
-Lower seat

If you want to go even further, you would utilize a 5* LF castor block/spindle, and a thin wall axle.

Pavement typically has more inherent grip, so you are doing measures to free the kart up more then you would on a dirt surface.

Thank you. It certainly is different. I made the assumption that all you had to do for asphalt was bolt on some tires you woulnt mind using up and the track grip would take care of the rest. Probably the most wrong Ive ever been in karting.

Back