Chassis Rake

push a wheelborrow up a hill, now load the wheelbarrow and try pushing up the same hill, chassis should be parallel to the ground

Since we're not dealing with high speed aero, rake is a band aid for minimal weight shift front-to-rear.

his should be an interesting post, if lots respond. For me it was never a big deal but always made sure that the front end was not higher then the rear. With a chassis that has not been bent it seems that it is pretty much taken care of with the chassis design. I believe that it is more important in kids classes, blue and purple, where the small stature of the driver can limit weight transfer.

his should be an interesting post, if lots respond. For me it was never a big deal but always made sure that the front end was not higher then the rear. With a chassis that has not been bent it seems that it is pretty much taken care of with the chassis design. I believe that it is more important in kids classes, blue and purple, where the small stature of the driver can limit weight transfer.
Thanks for a reply I was hoping it would be an interesting chat

For small drivers change seat position, and the weight bolted to it, rake stays the same

Build a chassis and see if Rake isnt an issue..... Rack is very important when scaling your kart. In today's chassis' the rake is already "built" into the chassis. This subject wont be explained well enough unless shown.....

Back