Chassis Rules for sprint racing?

Rayaarito

Hey, I'm just getting into the sport and I'm doing all the research I can do before I pull trigger on buying a set-up. When I look at most classes, there's only rules for the motor itself. Does this mean I can have any chassis set up i want?

[edit] Nevermind, I just found a league with more specific rules. Does anybody know of a league in the North East (NY) that's more affordable. Like an all stock Predator league

Verify with the track(s) you plan to race at, but generally they allow you to set your chassis up any way you like. Some may have a gear or tire brand rule.
Most tracks that I'm aware of use the WKA's rulebook for chassis dimensions (which have been published and stable for decades). You should be able to find them in the WKA Technical Manual of just about any year. If you buy a professionally built racing chassis it should already conform to those rules.

I don't know where you're planning on racing, but Avon, NY has some sealed Animal classes and their Animal and Yamaha classes have spec tire rules also. I don't know of any sprint tracks in NY that are using Predators or clones. If I was a newbe I think I would go with the sealed Animal. The initial investment is more than the Predator/clone, but I think the Animal is a pretty durable engine that would probably be cheaper over the long haul to run. If you can do your own engine work, the Yamaha can classes probably wouldn't be bad either. You can find used older complete engine/chassis packages fairly reasonable if you shop around. Those Yammies are almost indestructible. I thought about getting into one of those classes, but I have a vintage MXK/Yamaha kart, and Avon is getting a series going for them so I'm going to stick with that combo and run that.

Back