chassis setup help with Phenom/KT100

Yenko

Need some setup advice, as we are new to offset karts, always ran sprint karts.

Kart is a PRC Phenom, caster blocks 12 and 8 degrees, laydown seat, etc. Vega yellows, 10.5-4.50-6 on left, 12.0-8.00-6 right.

Track is a 1/8 mile flat asphalt oval, straights 200’, corner width 100’. Newly paved and seal coated.

Running a KT100, dry disk clutch, gearing in the 8.4/1 range.

Track size, that's a good start. If you had the track name and location, it would be even better. 100 foot Width? ID or OD? Track width? Corner weights? Staggers? Need input!

LF 71, RF 66, LR 105, RR 61. cross 171 for 56.43%. Stagger 1" front and rear. Track located in rural South Central Missouri, only locals know about it. Probably 20ish feet wide, can run three wide but that is about it.

LF 71, RF 66, LR 105, RR 61. cross 171 for 56.43%. Stagger 1" front and rear. Track located in rural South Central Missouri, only locals know about it. Probably 20ish feet wide, can run three wide but that is about it.
This is what I have so far, maybe others can give you advice on what to change, if anything.

Attachments

• yenko_1 10 13 20.jpg
    yenko_1 10 13 20.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for the help.

Ran it this past Sunday. The kart was very good early during heats, developed a push in the later part of the feature.

I wondered if we were a little light on the front.

How would you ago about adding weight to the front and left side? What about caster settings, block position, how much caster?

Probably dumb questions, but "green" when it comes to offsets.

5lb puck on the floor pan, I run mine right behind the bottom of the steering post. Add pucks to the left side of the seat as needed. Agree with flattop nose should be around 46.5. Left id be around 55-56. I run my phenom on dirt and I like to have cross up around 58-60.

You could try 2* less caster on both sides .
Zero left camber the right camber I may or may not change depending on the look of the tire .
Make only one change at a time .
Caster then camber . That way you can return to original set up if you don't like or it doesn't work .
Block I would leave forward .

6/8 caster both blocks in back hole
0-.25 LF camber 2.75-3.00 RF camber
46.5-46.8 nose
53-55 cross
57.5-58.5 left
1-1.25 front stagger 1.25 rear
7/9-8/10 air pressure
We run thin wall axles, but I’m thinking you don’t need to with a kt100. You may need to even add an axle stiffener on the right.

Back