Chassis suggestions

fast42racer

We’ve been out of karts for over 10 years. My son and I have gotten a LITTLE heavier. What is a good chassis for two BIG boys (260#) to run in a Predator class? We really probably don’t have the ambition to really win BUT wanting to just have some fun and not work on something 7 days a week. Something ‘06-‘20. Thanks.

If your racing as you said mainly for fun...any of the karts made in the time frame you indicated will do you just fine....though, be careful about what you may buy, anything bent will be nothing but a struggle to get it around the track...best bet is to get an experienced racer from your area to go with to give anything you're interested in a good looking over to point out potential issues ..😉

I would go triton myself .
Phenom your getting pretty old and ran hard .
Icon or seraph if the cost is right .
Having two identical chassis would be beneficial .
Setup wise , tire and spares .

You'll be happiest on a Triton coming off Phenoms years back. There are still alot of nice Phenoms out there to be had, but they sell fast.

You'll be happiest on a Triton coming off Phenoms years back. There are still alot of nice Phenoms out there to be had, but they sell fast.
It seems everything goes fast these days. Back when we got out it seemed like it was slowing down and the market was flooded with used karts. I’ve been looking and it doesn’t seem like there is much out there. Just what it seems like to me.

It seems everything goes fast these days. Back when we got out it seemed like it was slowing down and the market was flooded with used karts. I’ve been looking and it doesn’t seem like there is much out there. Just what it seems like to me.
I just sold our Triton last month, it went in less than a week. I have 2 Phenoms in the shop, that people ask to buy all the time, they are not for sale.

At 260 lbs., id lean more toward the Recon. The Triton IMO is the best kart ever made and extremely tire friendly, but for your weight i think the Recon will be better for you. Its tire friendly also, not as much so as the Triton, and the set ups and info is just as readily available.

Back