Chassis

Racer36

I been out of kart racing for a while just recently got back into it an bought a2020 ultrmax rival can anyone please give me some info on how to make this thing go I got good tires great engine but this kart is just stuck to the track it feels good but I no it’s not because it is stuck like glue an slow coming off turns I got manufacturer numbers but I know that is just a starting point so if anyone can tell me anything that could help me would be greatly appreciated an I am on a hard fast high bite track

Stagger is 11/4 to 13/8 in the front and 1 in the back I think I should be more but all my tires are new an I didn’t want to stretch them to much an can’t get them to shrink for nothing

Need to call and talk to Shawn at Umax. He can get you closer to what numbers you are needing since you didnt tell us what class and weight you are racing.
Front stagger should be 1.5 though.
Sounds like tires are your issue though, if youre stuck like glue on a hard fast track, youre too good if you get my drift. Full rubber? Amount of internal? What track in particular?

Class is clone 425 and inside tire is 30 cc and outside tire is hard in the mid to high 50s with black sand not much black sand qualifying was on new cut tires and main was on a new tire with more rubber cause little moisture came out of track cause it was so late an same with that tire 30 cc inside an little sand air was 5 an 6

I can remember when I was racing, wishing, hoping, praying for more bite. And now, ......we've reached the ultimate "too much bite"!! I don't really see how that's possible!! "The tires are stuck to the track"! You didn't really hear mean that..... Did you?

I can remember when I was racing, wishing, hoping, praying for more bite. And now, ......we've reached the ultimate "too much bite"!! I don't really see how that's possible!! "The tires are stuck to the track"! You didn't really hear mean that..... Did you?
No. He did. These newer chassis, tires, and add chemical to the equation you can to be stuck on hot and high gripped track.

Good thing were not racing when you were racing then...

I guess this coming weekend I will go back to the cut and stay on them 1st an 2nd round of practice the track was tacky an had on the softer tires around 48 to 48 and man I was rolling an when the track got hard an the bite came in I was locked but I changed and put the hard tires on wi little chemicals just a wipe of black sand an it’s was still stuck could not believe it so I was thinking may to much cross the manufacture told me 70% but i swear I just can’t see it that has to be to much iam I wrong

sorry ment 45 to 48 on duro an ran them for 2 rounds of practice then the track got bite to it went to cut hard tires with little black sand an still stuck just getting disgusted with it an hope to get some help with it

I would go up on air some and try that . I would also ask the track owner if during intermission or after the night of racing has concluded , to be able to do some testing . Have several of your tires ready to go , so you will not be holding anyone up . Also you might try raising your left air up a quarter of a pound at a time and see if that helps . I know some guys that run same air on all 4 , or even reverse air . You just have to test some idea's and see what works .

If he's stuck like glue to a good gripped up track, running same air in all 4 or reverse air split certainly is not his answer.
Just giving idea's of what to test . Never hurts until it's tried . I never thought about doing same air before until a guy told me , and on a certain track it worked for me , heck even the reverse has helped me on a track or 2 . That's what testing is all about , finding what works or doesn't work . Not sure if it will help or hurt until it is tried .

Just giving idea's of what to test . Never hurts until it's tried . I never thought about doing same air before until a guy told me , and on a certain track it worked for me , heck even the reverse has helped me on a track or 2 . That's what testing is all about , finding what works or doesn't work . Not sure if it will help or hurt until it is tried .
Of course same air or reverse split can help under the right conditions, but a good gripped up track is not one of those times, I've tested it I know it will not help a kart that's already stuck like glue, it will only make it worse. If a track gives him time to test it's not gonna be unlimited time, I just didn't want him wasting any of that time, now your thought of going up in air could help a lot.

In fact if you have a kid racing that can't tell you what a kart is doing once a track is gripped up pretty good send him out with 10 lb more air in the RR, tell him that's loose, then back out with 10 lb more in the RF tell him that's a push, then back out with 2 lb reverse split then tell him that's TIGHT.

In fact if you have a kid racing that can't tell you what a kart is doing once a track is gripped up pretty good send him out with 10 lb more air in the RR, tell him that's loose, then back out with 10 lb more in the RF tell him that's a push, then back out with 2 lb reverse split then tell him that's TIGHT.
I put mine out on practice with a 10 lb reverse split. He knows what loose is now. 😂

Back