Cheap Alternative to a Mychron?

duno what your budget is $$ , but you can get a NEW ALFANO 6 for $351 taxed and shipped to your door, i got one 2 weeks ago, and LOVE IT, has so many things you can track on your phone, Mac or PC.

I just popped for the Alfano 6, new off eBay for $390

Saved a little money by not going with the MyChron 5, not a ton, but everything helps and the reviews I watched on the Alfano 6 seemed very positive.

i wouldnt waste my money on a 3, they are no longer serviced and when it breaks its a paper weight. Spend the extra get a 4.
I understand that, but we are not invested in this like a lot of you are. We race usually about 10-15 times a year. I need something cheap to recall when my daughter comes off the track so I can make sure she is not cooking her motor, and not over-revving with a gear mistake on my part

I understand that, but we are not invested in this like a lot of you are. We race usually about 10-15 times a year. I need something cheap to recall when my daughter comes off the track so I can make sure she is not cooking her motor, and not over-revving with a gear mistake on my part
Even more reason to get something that is known to be reliable. If testing time and track time is at a minimum that makes it all the more critical to get accurate data. i get being tight on money. I was in the same boat starting out. I bought the $20-30 amazon unit that just did RPM it lasted about 3 nights. After upgrading to the mychron it was clear why all these guys suggest these.

duno what your budget is $$ , but you can get a NEW ALFANO 6 for $351 taxed and shipped to your door, i got one 2 weeks ago, and LOVE IT, has so many things you can track on your phone, Mac or PC.
Where’s that at ? I didn’t see that anywhere I have seen $450 with no leads so once you buy those your in a Mychron 5 territory.

If that’s all you want is a high rpm recall function a tiny tach will work perfect. Heck send me your address I’ll give you one I used it one season on my Predator kart.
7E31D5F2-D175-40A6-9310-E16F8930C88D.png

Could've saved more, theres a guy on here saying he found them for $351 shipped all day... :)
I didn't see any at that price, but I'm new to the sport so I'm not all knowing as far as the various vendors go. I went to a few places, and Ebay was the cheapest I found which included shipping.

Last edited:
Well, if you want to get rid of one let me know. I have been searching and can't find anything.
Unfortunately I have as many karts as Mychrons. I do have Alfanos in some of my karts in Europe too for summer but I don't like them so much. If you own several Mychron 3s they will still sevice them as long as you hve the parts and 3s are much easier to use and read than 4s. I do have 4s and Digatrons too. 3s are still my favorites and if after several years using them they go wrong and can't find parts for $100 you won't have lost much because servicing any other with shipping and parts will already reach or go over that $100 and I have found the basic 3s being simple makes them more reliable too. I do hac=ve 3 gold too but the more complicated the less reliable.

Could've saved more, theres a guy on here saying he found them for $351 shipped all day... :)

https://augustamotorsports.biz/products/alfano-light-1t-kart-data-logger?_pos=4&_sid=e7bbc6481&_ss=r

use code AM2020 FOR DISCOUNT, MINE WAS $351 TOTAL SHIPPED TO MY HOUSE, was an ebay seller i found and "made an offer" he said i could get it off his site with the listed code for the price i was searching for...

NOTE: I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THIS COMPANY, I WAS A CUSTOMER ONLY & SHARING THE DEAL I FOUND.

BTW, loving mine!

After playing with the Alfano I have to say I'm impressed and I have ZERO buyers remorse. I was leaning toward the Mychron5s but I glad I went with the Alfano 6. Nothing against the MyChron, they are great too. Like others have indicated, with the coupon code one can be had for $351 which is a screaming deal- for what you get.

Keep us advised which direction you go in.

Back