Cheaters??? Hemi gas tank mount VS old style gas tank mount

The track decided we could not mix and match the Predator parts. I was looking at the engines this last Saturday and one who I think is cheating had a different style head and block. Check me if I am wrong. The old style predators and the 69703 is flat on the rear stock gas tank mounts. The Hemi has a slant to it for the rear gas tank mounts. Is there another way to determine if they are mixing parts and blocks, checking the valve cover is easy. When asking the gentleman about it he got really upset. Trying to get at the bottom of it before I protest him.

On the hemi block, from what ive seen on my hemi, the top of the front tank mounts are angled. I also have a non hemi block, dont know the p/n but those mounts the tops are flat. On the top of the rear tank mount to the hemi, it does have an angle, my non hemi is flat. Hope this helps.

If you can get close enough to look at blocks, the hemi blocks all have g200 on the front of them stamped/etched near the oil sensor hole, and non hemi blocks have R210III marked in that same spot, its a clear fool proof way to tell the difference

Easiest way to tell is the hemi motor has a dull, rough almost sandblasted finish. The non Hemi's have a more smooth and slightly shiny finish. U put a non hemi head on a hemi motor and it is pretty obvious. But as stated above, the markings on the block will tell u. But from a distance look at the finish of the block and head. U can tell if they don't match. Some people also swap the cams by having the non hemi cams bosses resized to fit the hemi block. Some of The non hemi cams have more lift. That's why they put them in the hemi motor.

Back