Cheating up the tach

That is EXACTLY what happens. Same as the fuel chemists.
When you see the same kart 3 times before the first heat race -- you know something's up. :)
This is particularly true with the baby champs (Subaru engine with governor) and Predator classes using a governor.
I have not seen it played out in the LO206 the same since their rev limiter is digital (ie in the coil) rather than mechanical with the governor, but tech men still need to check them with YOUR OWN tach - trust me, I've seen plenty of differences in tachs. Some, I am convinced were meddled with.
My veteran ears can still tell the difference of 5000 rpm and 5500 rpm.

Yea, where is Mychron Mike (or Devan, or whomever) these days. Their input would be much appreciated. :)
I’ve reached out to Mike via pm with no response. I have a Mychron 4 that I bought on here that never worked . I was hoping he would look at it.

Very true, a little more time in tech, but, you only need to check the top 5 finishers, depending on how many trophies you're giving out.
Tracks should go to Amazon and check on their handheld tacks.
Like checking fuel before a race, checking your tack would be a good idea. Just think of it as "The Price You Pay" when you're competing in a spec class.

Mychron mike just now got back to me via message. He said he wasnt getting notifications when he was receiving
messages.
That's because "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" is turned off in his preferences.
That's the default setting on the forum, so it's understandable.

All clones and Briggs small engines with magneto ignition fire on every revolution. Every time the magnet passes under the coil the ignition fires.
FWIW

I suppose it would be possible to make a low pass RC filter (resistor, capacitor) that would attenuate frequencies above 5K, or 5000 rpm. Kinda like a graphic equalizer, but there would be a lot of Kentucky windage involved getting it to trigger at just the right levels. Even then the tach would just quit reading when the signal got too low.
Kentucky Windage I like that.

I'm not understanding.
Why would you shortcut tech, then wonder if it is possible to cheat the tach?

Simply use one tach.
Like scales, it doesn't matter what yours says at home, as long as the important one is within the rules.
Or, just trust that everyone is doing it right, and look at none of the tachs.

Just be sure everyone knows how you are doing it.

Back