Cheating with fuel....

Watched a race this past year and one individual in particular was slow going at the beginning of the race and lagged way behind. All of a sudden, his kart came to life and reeled in some very fast karts. He didn't finish because he wrecked himself and another competitor. I assume he was using something in his fuel. Seemed like it took awhile but then took off. What could he have used??

What kind of motor was it? I've heard that some people have welded flaps into flathead fuel tanks that held mothballs, which would dissolve into the methanol once they were splashed with fuel. Mind you this is a story from my dad, which probably happened way back when he had to walk uphill to school both ways in the snow. It seems more likely that there was an obstruction in the carburetor or fuel tube that cleared itself out partway through the race. I've had all kinds of junk make its way into the pickup tube on a Briggs carburetor, from dirt to pieces of broken gasket floating around in the tank.

LMAO what an imagination... Just a good tire setup... not unusual to see a kart speed up or slow down a half a second a lap...

What kind of motor was it? I've heard that some people have welded flaps into flathead fuel tanks that held mothballs, which would dissolve into the methanol once they were splashed with fuel. Mind you this is a story from my dad, which probably happened way back when he had to walk uphill to school both ways in the snow. It seems more likely that there was an obstruction in the carburetor or fuel tube that cleared itself out partway through the race. I've had all kinds of junk make its way into the pickup tube on a Briggs carburetor, from dirt to pieces of broken gasket floating around in the tank.

They were running a clone on pump gasoline. He was struggling in the first 10 laps or so.

he probably went a little hard on tires and they came in around the 9th lap, and he took off

my kart did the same thing, but it was clutch related....had the clutch set way too low to allow for slippage and it locked immediately...took it a couple of laps to wind itself up to racing speed, but it was a rocket once i was able to get the rpm's up. passed other racers easily....until a caution came out and i had to start winding it up all over again....but this was the first season that i used a multi-disc clutch, so i'm learning to adjsut it for the right "grab"....

If it was a cheat it was in the oil not the fuel as stated if it were fuel it would of been instant, a lot are commenting like hot fuel is un herd of ? you really think it's not happening ?

talking with a lot of guys around here, it's not happening as much because a lot of tracks have gone to the pump around for any big races and pull the fuel tester out if they suspect anything...pump around is probably the best thing....that way if you monkey with your fuel, then go thru the pump around, then every one shares your fuel!

talking with a lot of guys around here, it's not happening as much because a lot of tracks have gone to the pump around for any big races and pull the fuel tester out if they suspect anything...pump around is probably the best thing....that way if you monkey with your fuel, then go thru the pump around, then every one shares your fuel!

So ya think anyone that would add it to there jug of fuel would not just add some to bottom of there tank and roll up to pump around and top it off.

So ya think anyone that would add it to there jug of fuel would not just add some to bottom of there tank and roll up to pump around and top it off.

If done properly he will be cleaned out to very very little liquid left.. And too everyone after that has the same fuel.. ONLY way to beat some of todays mixtures...

If it was a cheat it was in the oil not the fuel as stated if it were fuel it would of been instant, a lot are commenting like hot fuel is un herd of ? you really think it's not happening ?

Oil additives isn't a enhancement unless he can get it by the rings.. If he's not smoking on the grid he's not using the goodies if he added them.. But their is a problem checking oil the old way like with briggs.. Gas will contaminate the oil a lil.. The flame test will ignite it and the racer did nothing intentional..

On additives,, they start working from lap 1 and if anything demenish as the race goes on,, not the opposite

Oil additives isn't a enhancement unless he can get it by the rings.. If he's not smoking on the grid he's not using the goodies if he added them.. But their is a problem checking oil the old way like with briggs.. Gas will contaminate the oil a lil.. The flame test will ignite it and the racer did nothing intentional..

On additives,, they start working from lap 1 and if anything demenish as the race goes on,, not the opposite

You would know a lot more about it than me, but that's not what I'm hearing from several sources, actually taking info right now on some crazy additives and method of being added and was going to contact you about your thought's.

Yes it would work from lap 1 if it was in the oil at that point, however if it did not get released till lap 4 or 5 that's when it would show up I would think.

Back