Cheetah clutches

Buy a bully! Don't waste your money on the cheetah. I have been there done that. My son's jr. Sportsman champ weights 300lbs with him in it. Had nothing by troubles with it. I bought the bully. His starts and lap times greatly improved. The bully tech support is great and they are easy to maintain. You will be happy with the consistancy and the durability of the bully.

x2 on the Buy a Bully! You wont regret it! Bought one Cheetah, didnt last one night of racing!

X3 on the Bully. You won't regret it. Performance and durability will be a disappointment comparing the Cheetah to the Bully.
I've always got fresh used Bully clutches available on here....blueprinted and set-up for your engine if you are wanting to save a buck.
Give us a call if I can help you any more.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

i've had my cheeta for two seasons....never had a problem out of it..if you take care of it. i've turned mine consistently at 8K+ and it does jsut as good a job as a bully...my son has a bully on his kart and between the two, i can't tell a lot of difference....i'm running on a 350 weight rule, but i weigh 250 and the kart is 140....and i haven't had the problems that others say they have....

I think alot of the issues with the Cheetah is the soft/cheap material they are made of. I've heard of some having decent luck with them, others having none!

When I had issues with mine I called Noram and they pretty much told me "deal with it, nothing we can do to help".

I wonder, as a percentage, what would their sales to the karting people be when compared to their total number of clutchs sold?

With so many clutch makers vying for the available kart market, why waste your time with the company that doesn't care.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

I wonder, as a percentage, what would their sales to the karting people be when compared to their total number of clutchs sold?

With so many clutch makers vying for the available kart market, why waste your time with the company that doesn't care.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Most people when first getting into the sport, they want a good product at the cheapest price they can find because your average kart racer is a weekend warrior or budget racer, and a new $300-400 clutch would cost as much or more than they make in their paycheck. So they look at others that are more affordably priced, which usually ends up costing more in the long run due to the poor quality materials that you get for that cheap price and almost non existent customer support.

And those Norams got their popularity when 4 cycle racing came to karting back in the mid '70's when the flathead 5hp Briggs was supposed to be an "affordable" class. Not so anymore. Too many other better drum clutch choices out there nowadays from those dedicated to karting and not have karting as a "sideline" of their industrial product line.

We've been running the Noram drum clutches for 6 yrs and have had great success with them,I got them in a buyout when we first started the grandson at 6 yrs old. We are now going to Jr3 with big pipe and open clutch so I know we need to step it up.

Back