Chest Protector Question.

My kid is in Rookie Red Plate. He’s 48.5”, about 51 Pounds. He has a Bell GP2 helmet with a K1 neck brace and he’s in Chavous Rookie Seat.
In rookie red he’s required a chest protector, he got him a used Sparco Size Small. Well soon as he gets in the kart, the shoulder pads push up into the neck brace and damn near choke him. So he either needs a chest protector without shoulder pads or a new slimmer neck brace.
Unfortunately even in the Charlotte NC area I don’t know of a place where he’d be able to try this stuff on.

I see k1 has a chest protector without shoulder pads, so does Ribtec, and there’s the Armdillo kind. I’m aware the K1 isn’t certified.
What did you other dads do with your real small kids?

^^ Same here, my two sons both have a hard time with anything that wraps around them more than the chest plate.

My kid is in Rookie Red Plate. He’s 48.5”, about 51 Pounds. He has a Bell GP2 helmet with a K1 neck brace and he’s in Chavous Rookie Seat.
In rookie red he’s required a chest protector, he got him a used Sparco Size Small. Well soon as he gets in the kart, the shoulder pads push up into the neck brace and damn near choke him. So he either needs a chest protector without shoulder pads or a new slimmer neck brace.
Unfortunately even in the Charlotte NC area I don’t know of a place where he’d be able to try this stuff on.

I see k1 has a chest protector without shoulder pads, so does Ribtec, and there’s the Armdillo kind. I’m aware the K1 isn’t certified.
What did you other dads do with your real small kids?
The most popular is the Ribtec by far....They have two sizes,sm1 & sm2....Make sure,If you buy used,the Sfi certification tag is there...Chest protector should be checked at pretech...

Back