Chili Bowl

I predict the tire samples they are taking for the first time this year will come back putting the screws to the whole program, if actually used as they sort of indicated it would be used.

That is unless some nobody wins it and the money people have their way.

Butt the un-named perpetrators will not be embarrassed and the results of the "NOW" experimental and in testing for this year will not be revealed !

... next year should be interesting. This year it's still all a tire game. ... :)

Anyone trying to figure out if that Bell kid is for real should have made up there mind after last night, He's a Wheel Man !!
If Larson's car did not lay down some looked like he went on defense little to soon.

It was Live last night at 8:30 pm on MAV TV Direct TV 214 here, they usually have a bunch of re-plays.

I went and got some Mexican food, came home and got ready to watch it all(been at home by myself the last week) turn on the TV couldn't find MAVTV I know we had it because I watched plenty of latemodel races on it, jump online and find out Dish dropped it over a price dispute GRRRRRRR.

I went and got some Mexican food, came home and got ready to watch it all(been at home by myself the last week) turn on the TV couldn't find MAVTV I know we had it because I watched plenty of late model races on it, jump online and find out Dish dropped it over a price dispute GRRRRRRR.

Ya I had a Buddy call me to remind me it was Sat didn't know when or where I told him MAV TV, BUT he had dish and could not get it either he was not happy !!

hummmmm., I got cable, didn't have it called the cable company and they instantly put it on for me. I have to have it for 60 days before I can cancel. But I would have just paid for it and watched it on line at the same price. Hey Brian, I think that's yer name.... with the all ya can eat Mexican it proly don't mater anyhow. ... :)

paul

We were out of town for the weekend and specifically asked (before reserving our room) if the motel had MavTV..>Were told, yes...only to find out that they did not. Last minute scramble; we found an online provider called Tiki that streams satellite tv. It worked "ok." There was the typical buffering and lock-ups, (could have been our old laptop or even the snowmageddon that somehow missed us in Ohio) ...but being able to watch the Chili Bowl was worth the $6 alone. Now I get another 29 days of use for free.
We don't have cable in our home, so maybe, just maybe, we'll watch some of the Nascar races from Daytona. It's been many years of my really not caring about Napcar at all, even the 500. Now, if they were to show the sprint car races from Florida in February -- that would be worth continuing our subscription. :)

Thanks,
The Carlsons

Was there an Interview with Larson ? I'm curious If he had an issue last 2 laps, or he just stepped on it going on defense when he didn't have to, what I saw Bell wasn't close enough to just go win it, it was more something changed that Larson ended up Losing it.

Believe he went to the bottom groove where he hadnt been running and lost time the last few laps and it allowed Bell to get under and by him, never mentioned any mechanical issues.

those who dont have mav tv, look into Lucas Oil Racing tv. $99 yearly subscription but worth it imo. Can watch chili bowl, lucas late model series live among other live events, even speedweek races in brunswick,ga and in florida.

Was there an Interview with Larson ? I'm curious If he had an issue last 2 laps, or he just stepped on it going on defense when he didn't have to, what I saw Bell wasn't close enough to just go win it, it was more something changed that Larson ended up Losing it.

I haven't talked with Kyle, or even read an interview from him for that matter, but it looked to me like he was running the cushion to get around that lapped car and as soon as he cleared him, he went to the bottom (2 to go or so.) CBell had been running the bottom, cleared the lapper running the bottom, and reeled Kyle in very quickly. When I first saw it, I thought maybe something happened to Kyle's car to cause him to slow that much, but you can clearly see that he missed the bottom (esp. coming off the corners) and slid up into the slick spinning the tires. CBell was more patient down there and was MUCH better at corner exit.
I would guess that Kyle has been second guessing going to the bottom since Saturday night.

Good race - you have to feel for Kyle though and his luck at the Chili Bowl.
That's the way it goes -- most of us have won (and lost) races the same way.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

Believe he went to the bottom groove where he hadnt been running and lost time the last few laps and it allowed Bell to get under and by him, never mentioned any mechanical issues.

those who dont have mav tv, look into Lucas Oil Racing tv. $99 yearly subscription but worth it imo. Can watch chili bowl, lucas late model series live among other live events, even speedweek races in brunswick,ga and in florida.

$200.00 a month now for Dish, so I'm not paying for something that's suppose to be in my package.
I don't watch nascar, in the summer I'm either at Tazewell speed way or Volunteer on Saturday night so that's all the racing I need, Dish does this all the time, who knows maybe next month it'll be back.
Lucas oil and MAV is the same thing

not glad I looked at cost. We pay $4500 a year for tv, internet, home phone line and cell phones. That's toooo much.

Believe it or not if I drop either tv, internet or home phone line we'd save just 5 or 10 bucks a month because "THEN" you ain't on your special pricing package anymore which jacks up the price of what's left. Cell phone my wife just bought a phone and jacked up the cell tower to unlimited so she can make video calls. ... dang though one video call a month with our grandson is worth it ! ... :(

they gotcha comin and goin

I did though just learn today how to put live TV on my cell phone watching it anywhere. ... which I've done for 10 or 15 years now anyway with my Volkano I bought years ago which is now outlawed because of them being sued by Sling. But it still works. Also just hooked up a new Smart Tivo TV which also got me my 8th Eco unit for the house. Still waiting to be allowed to buy my car Echo. And cheap me ain't replaced the garage door opener with a wifi one yet ... :)

Back