CIK LO 206 gearing & CIK Leopard gearing for Roebling Road

I'm also interested in this info. We will be bringing an Ignite with a 206 on it (this will be the first time we have ran the kart) as well as a Haase chassis with a Leopard on it that we ran at Daytona. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I can give you a best guess. For the Leopard, 16T driver(obviously) 77 axle. That would be a reasonable start pretty much anywhere. Roebling is pretty high speed, though we've never been there. Take a 76, 77, 78, and you'll be fine.

CIK 206, we've found 21/60 is a good starting point..very similar to what Bob suggested. Worked well in the draft at both Summit Point Main Course, and VIR.

As far as WKC goes, we currently have 6 CIK 206's for sure, 2 which are almost confirmed, and about 3 more with a LOT of interest. It would be nice to have a consistent 10 by the end of 2018. It's almost as if you have an old CIK chassis laying around and want a second EASY, low maintenance, cheap class, they are hard to beat.

Soup, of the 6 at WKC, 3 are also Ignite 206's.
Hope to see you guys at some of our WKA/WKC events.
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Clark is spot on as always. :)

Whenever we've raced our Leopards at Roebling I've had a 16-77 on. Very true on the high speed track, there is literally only one spot you'll have to blip the throttle to setup for a corner, other than that it's throttle down the whole time with the Leopard. Fun place to race and the folks that run the track are very welcoming to kart racers. It's beautiful area, so I hope you get a chance to take some time to check out Savannah and I always highly recommend taking a road trip to Tybee Island if you can.

No thorton we weren't. My Son has three little ones, so Christmas week is home and family time. Our other issue is we're both very strong WKC supporters and WKC has three events each season already. So any extra events each season has to miss WKC races, family events, and vacation time.
What can I say. Maybe when the Gran-kids get a little older we'll go again.
In addition to Clark Jr's IAME Sprint, we're really looking forward to a fuller field of CIK 206's this coming season.
Have a good one,
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Sorry folks, I stated WKC has three events each season...I mean FIVE (5). No idea where the three came from, must be old age setting in!

Bob, there are two tracks at Summit Point. Main, which is the classic Summit track, and Shenandoah. Shenandoah is more a huge, super fast sprint track. Youtube them and you'll see what I mean. Main was just paved last Fall and is as smooth as a babies butt. Shenandoah is getting a little rough in spots, but is a real hoot to race on. And of course there's VIR North Course.

Ted, you really need to try road racing your 206. They are very mellow to say the least. But if you've ever road raced a CIK chassis class, you'll know how well they draft. Well, the CIK 206 drafting is simply crazy fun. You will literally pass and get passed at least 8 to 10 times per lap. It nuts!!
Talk to you all soon,
Clark Sr.

CIK 206 was a lot of fun at Daytona.....but...a single kart wont win against a kart with a dance partner...I will still do it again though :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gPwEKwFWUM&t=12s

My first stab at a youtube video. My Son, Clark Jr, chasing me the last few laps at Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit Oct 2017. The hand signal I give early in the video, is the last 5 minutes of the race, which means pass at every opportunity. Whoever is leading at the end is fine. It's a father, son thing. We really don't care which one of us wins. Sure hope the video works!
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Clark is spot on as always. :)

Whenever we've raced our Leopards at Roebling I've had a 16-77 on. Very true on the high speed track, there is literally only one spot you'll have to blip the throttle to setup for a corner, other than that it's throttle down the whole time with the Leopard. Fun place to race and the folks that run the track are very welcoming to kart racers. It's beautiful area, so I hope you get a chance to take some time to check out Savannah and I always highly recommend taking a road trip to Tybee Island if you can.
My son wants to race his IAME 30 Tag at roebling road. I need to know the gear ratio for this track.

Again, we've never run there, but knowing folks who have, I'd guess 16 driver (obviously) start about 76 rear. Have a 73 through 78 with you.
My WAG would be you'll end up with a 74-75.
WAG only.
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Back