CKI/Animal Sprint-Enduro Package

yamadog35

*Edit May 11 * Make me a reasonable offer folks. I will be bringing the kart to Mid Ohio in June

I’ve had a lot of fun road racing my Animal kart over the past few years but I keep finding myself gravitating back to my 2-stroke laydown roots and run that kart more than the Animal so I’m going see if I can send it to a good home. Right now I’m listing my kart with one Animal\clutch combination. I have two other engines and a couple of clutches and will also list them soon.
PM me here and I can send additional contact info for texting.
Bruce Peck - Indy

So for right now this is the package I have for sale. Pictures below.

CKI Laser chassis. I’ve run this with front brakes and with dual-rear brakes. It’s being sold with the dual rear brake set up. The kart currently has a large seat on it. If you don't want the seat I can take a little bit off price and I will keep the seat.
WKA unrestricted Animal built by Regan Vehring/4 Cycle Central. The engine has three 30 minute races on it plus some practice since a complete rebuild in 2012. The engine hasn’t been run since 2012. Oil always kept fresh. Always flushed with gas at end of each day.
Bully 2-disc 6-spring clutch. I’ve always run belt drive so the clutch has a 27 tooth belt sprocket from TS Racing on one of their drums (basket). Included will be two additional drums with 29 and 31 tooth sprockets. The clutch only has three or four races on it.
Parts. Included will be an assortment of Animal parts. Everything from head and other engine gaskets, to carb parts including a spare manifold.
$2200

I won’t be at Grattan, but can deliver to Mid Ohio in June. I’m not sure what other races I may be going to, but could potentially deliver to another race.

A little bit of chassis history. The chassis was built in 2003 for a sprint racer who wanted to try enduro racing. He ran three or four weekends in a Yamaha can class and then decided he wanted to go back to sprint racing so he traded this kart in for a sprint race package. The chassis then sat and collected dust until I bought it in 2011 to run with the Animal.

CKI%20Laser%20Right%20Side%202_zps5kfpelag.jpg

CKI%20Laser%20Right%20Front%201_zpstg8qlz9z.jpg

CKI%20Laser%20Engine%20Closeup%201_zpss2jzdszq.jpg

Why would it not be legal? WKA rules state dual brakes which include front brakes and/or dual calipers on a single rotor. Other series have less stringent requirements I believe. Mr. Peck has top notch things from what I have seen at the racetrack.

Thought I would list a feature of the kart that might of interest. I do all my karts now this way. The nose as well as the side panels are mounted completely with DZUS buttons and the way I mount the nose makes it easy and quick to remove and remount. I did a test today and I got the sides and the nose off the kart in 1min-25sec. I was able to get it all remounted in 3 minutes flat. I also mount the majority of the floor pan with DZUS buttons which makes it easy to very quickly remove the pan if needed. Re-attaching is also very quick and easy.

I cut out much of the underside of the nose and mount it with six buttons to a piece of aluminum that is bolted to the front of the kart. There are two buttons - one on each side - on the upper part of the nose to help hold it on and stabilize while the kart is moving. This is what the underside looks like. Arrows show the buttons that hold the nose on from underneath.
Nose%20Underside%202_zpsukldndrz.jpg

Underside of the nose when removed.
Nose%20OffKart%20Underside%201_zpsknwposvr.jpg

This shows the aluminum pan in front that the nose mounts to.
Nose%20Panel%201_zps3oeyndsv.jpg

Here is a picture of the Animal parts that will go with this kart. There are lots of smaller bolts etc not in the picture. Most of this is new although a couple of the fuel pumps are used. I can detail this out if someone wants to know. It is a little hard to see what some of this might be due to glare on the packages.

Animal%20Parts%201_zpsc7jy4lff.jpg

Yes, still available. I don't know the weight off hand. I'm a big guy and never come close to the class weight (waaay over) so I don't pay that much attention to the kart weight because it wouldn't matter anyway LOL. I have a set of scales and can weigh it for you, but won't be able to do that until the weekend.

Yes, it is still available. I was going to re-post it in the next couple of weeks as I will be attending the WKA/KART race at the NCM/Bowling Green KY track near the end of Oct and will have the kart with me in the trailer.

Back