CKNA Tech

btjones65

I got a chance to watch the guys CKNA tech the winners from the race down in Jacksonville this weekend and they were right on the money. I’m guessing they must’ve taken the 206 tech trading class. The right tools looking at the right things. Thorough but not nit picky. Done out in the open and done quickly.

Just a damn good job

if you haven’t raced with these guys, you need to...

I got a chance to watch the guys CKNA tech the winners from the race down in Jacksonville this weekend and they were right on the money. I’m guessing they must’ve taken the 206 tech trading class. The right tools looking at the right things. Thorough but not nit picky. Done out in the open and done quickly.

Just a damn good job

if you haven’t raced with these guys, you need to...
Thanks!!

I had a tech issue during that race, but it was my issue, and not theirs if being completely honest. I sustained damage during one of the first heat races and I under estimated:

1. The damage itself
2. The time it took to diagnose and fix it.

I was running two classes so turn around time between races was tight and I was forced to remove my carb after initial tech. My intake manifold was bent and not sealing, so to replace the manifold I had to remove the carb. Of course I got caught, but I was so slow and new to racing in general that they took pitty on me. I wasn't trying to hide what I had done, I was just trying to make it to every race on time so I was beyond stressed/ rushed.

When CKNA says the race starts at 3:23pm, they don't mess around! Show up at 3:24pm and you missed it. I wasn't trying to circumvent tech, I just ran out of time if I was going to run.

Hindsight 20/20, I'll never register to run in multiple classes again, unless I bring a mechanic with me. Trying to do everything myself wasn't worth the stress; which followed me onto the track and showed as I turned laps.

Tech folks were awesome, learned alot from talking with them. And when I was caught, they were cool about it. Treated me very respectfully. I appreciated that- cause I was trying to fly right. I just made a rookie mistake and I was over my head trying to keep up with everything in real time.

Last edited:
Sometimes if you tell tech you have an issue . They will look it over and reseal .
That won't alleviate the time issue : even with a two person crew it can get tight .

I had a tech issue during that race, but it was my issue, and not theirs if being completely honest. I sustained damage during one of the first heat races and I under estimated:

1. The damage itself
2. The time it took to diagnose and fix it.

I was running two classes so turn around time between races was tight and I was forced to remove my carb after initial tech. My intake manifold was bent and not sealing, so to replace the manifold I had to remove the carb. Of course I got caught, but I was so slow and new to racing in general that they took pitty on me. I wasn't trying to hide what I had done, I was just trying to make it to every race on time so I was beyond stressed/ rushed.

When CKNA says the race starts at 3:23pm, they don't mess around! Show up at 3:24pm and you missed it. I wasn't trying to circumvent tech, I just ran out of time if I was going to run.

Hindsight 20/20, I'll never register to run in multiple classes again, unless I bring a mechanic with me. Trying to do everything myself wasn't worth the stress; which followed me onto the track and showed as I turned laps.

Tech folks were awesome, learned alot from talking with them. And when I was caught, they were cool about it. Treated me very respectfully. I appreciated that- cause I was trying to fly right. I just made a rookie mistake and I was over my head trying to keep up with everything in real time.
....And guys were wondering why the wouldn’t start races early ( insert appropriate emoge’ here)

I’m glad I got to run. With the wife’s chemo and radiation coming up, Jax will be the last “travel “ race I’ll be able hit until ( hopefully) New Castle in the fall.

Sometimes if you tell tech you have an issue . They will look it over and reseal .
That won't alleviate the time issue : even with a two person crew it can get tight .
I appreciate the professionalism of the CKNA tech folks. Live and learn. Next time I'll do better. I'm new to sport, mistakes are part of the learning curve. At least they've made it a safe environment for rookies like me to make mistakes are continue to move forward and compete. I appreciate the fact that they didn't hold it against me.

Just signed up for the next Lo206 race at Monticello, wish me luck, I'm slow so I'll be in the rear with the gear, rofl. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the professionalism of the CKNA tech folks. Live and learn. Next time I'll do better. I'm new to sport, mistakes are part of the learning curve. At least they've made it a safe environment for rookies like me to make mistakes are continue to move forward and compete. I appreciate the fact that they didn't hold it against me.

Just signed up for the next Lo206 race at Monticello, wish me luck, I'm slow so I'll be in the rear with the gear, rofl. :ROFLMAO:
You must be supply... lol...

Back