Class choice, weight help...

dl4jesus

Hi guys, the newbie again. Here is my dilemma. Just starting out...daughter will be 16 in February. She is small, and weights about 115 lbs. So, with an average kart without lead weighing around 160 , that puts me around 275lbs before lead. I would like to start out in the L206 or Predator class, but their minimum weights are 360, 375. She is just over the age for blue plate, so that's out. I would need to add like 85-100lbs for these classes. This seems crazy. Any suggestions?

The only other option you have is Clone. It will be faster but at least you won't have to weigh down the kart. Some places also have a rule that the kart by itself has to be under 200 or 250lbs. Idk if that's the case for this track but this is common for some tracks. I wouldn't be surprised if when scaling to get the right numbers and everything that the kart weighs 310 at least but man 50lbs of lead that is still a lot. But sometimes I see people with 50lbs of weight on the seat. I would never do that but its an option.

Hi guys, the newbie again. Here is my dilemma. Just starting out...daughter will be 16 in February. She is small, and weights about 115 lbs. So, with an average kart without lead weighing around 160 , that puts me around 275lbs before lead. I would like to start out in the L206 or Predator class, but their minimum weights are 360, 375. She is just over the age for blue plate, so that's out. I would need to add like 85-100lbs for these classes. This seems crazy. Any suggestions?
We easily put 100lbs on my daughters seat, been doing it the last 13 yrs with 0 issues.

Above is a link to the bolts and washers, can get them at lowes as well or a good ace hardware

We easily put 100lbs on my daughters seat, been doing it the last 13 yrs with 0 issues.
Same here my daughter weighs 105 soaking wet and we run 375lb classes either flathead or clone I agree that your daughter can run JR3 next season but after that its inevitable that you're going to have to run the heavier classes.

Last edited:
Back