Classes and engine mod restrictions

Smashedtators

I just bought an 09 icon that I was planning on racing this year at a local dirt track but I’m having trouble getting straight answers as far as what classes allow what mods.hopedully someone here can help me since the local track I will be running at wasn’t a whole lot of help. I know I want to run in a class faster than box stock cause the predator I have already has some mods. Preferably an amateur class

^^^^^ this and most dont allow mods . If they have a rwyb class or open your good .
Yor wanting to run a predator that limits things somewhat .
Clone you can blueprint.

What classes are offered at this track? What rules are ie nka akra wka?
He said this year they are running clone lite-sumo/ amateur 350-375/ flat head 350-375/ OTB 350-375/ pro green and pro 390
When I asked what the restrictions were on the amateur class he said nka clone with weenie pipe.

Then you need a clone .
OTB is very likely out the box predator.
You would need to confim that .
Nka rules .

Put a stock tank and muffler on and get after it .
Oh and govoner .
They will let you know if its legal😉

No its not a clone.
Clone is 196 cc , predator 212 cc.
The track must have some rules ?
What track ?
Gotcha so typically the predator will have its own class?
I found the rules for the otb class where they were mentioned mo the ago on the Facebook page but he didn’t mention that.
checkered flag raceway In Georgia

Looks like you need a coupon and 99 dollars .
You need to contact the track get clarification on OTB .
Maybe be a lttle more tactful , not just i want to know what mods are legal .
Some options are , vent gas cap , rpm check and oil level sensor removed or disconnected .

Looks like you need a coupon and 99 dollars .
You need to contact the track get clarification on OTB .
Maybe be a lttle more tactful , not just i want to know what mods are legal .
Some options are , vent gas cap , rpm check and oil level sensor removed or disconnected .
That’s the problem I don’t even know what questions to ask exactly but that helped tremendously. I have a stock hemi predator I can run for otb but I will contact the track and check on those points.
so really what I need is a clone and to find out what’s legal in a nka amateur class

Ok , yes a clone . Amateur or pro same engine same rules . Unless local option on the pipe .
Google NKA rules . Again no mods , blueprinting and stock class cam everything has a spec . Minimum or maximum
Might be best to run the OTB class till you get familar with the tracks rules and operation.

Predator classes vary slightly. Around here you have to run stock air box, can upgrade to weeny pipe, can remove governor. Some places require stock tank and governor to remain in place. Some also don't allow a pipe.

Checkered Flag, Shiloh, i believe is a non hemi predator OTB class. Amateur is a clone, built within NKA technical specs with a weenie pipe. In your area, Doug cash would be a good person to talk to about an NKA motor if deciding you want to go clone route. Otherwise OTB is an option with non hemi Predator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back