Clean/maintenance tips

F1F21

So I was wondering how are y’all cleaning and servicing your clutches? I’m running a tomar TD34 I believe. Do I need to actually take it apart or is a good blow out and some sort of spray cleaner good?

Take it apart as in take the basket off. Spray it out with some brake clean and blow with compressed air. Clean bearing in sprocket and lube with vaseline
When you say take the basket off you are basically saying to take off the snap ring holding the driver on that will separate the basket from the discs correct? I’m still new to this disc clutch game hahahaha

I do the above, but I go further. I take the 6 bolts holding the clutch and disk assembly together out and clean the clutch disks with a fine stiff wire brush, then spray off with brake clean, I also lube the bearing race where it fits into the madril with some lite oil, just a touch. This is after every weekend. Make sure to put the clutch disks and floater in the same positions or it might cause the clutch to chatter.

Once a year I rebuild and surface the pressure plates if needed, they are usually grooved, and replace with clutch disk with new.

Back