Clean motor

image.jpg
Pressurized wd40 here. Either do the whole kart or if it’s badddd I simple green and hose, blow dry, then wd. Motor does not see water anymore

Pull the flywheel housing blow the loose stuff off with an air then clean with brake clean, I wouldn't put any kind of water under pressure on the motor, it will get inside, I've seen to many motors rusted inside from washing with a garden hose or pressure washer.

Pull the flywheel housing blow the loose stuff off with an air then clean with brake clean, I wouldn't put any kind of water under pressure on the motor, it will get inside, I've seen to many motors rusted inside from washing with a garden hose or pressure washer.
Sounds simple enough, thank you.

Pull the flywheel housing blow the loose stuff off with an air then clean with brake clean, I wouldn't put any kind of water under pressure on the motor, it will get inside, I've seen to many motors rusted inside from washing with a garden
hose or pressure washer.

Other then the carb or exhaust, how is water getting inside the motor? If that’s the case I would think brake clean could enter the same way causing more damage mixing with your oil.

Just like flattop says, any water under pressure will be forced past the seal. the seals are only made to keep the oil in.

Just power was the stupid thing, startup and run until up to temperature, drain the used oil hot, refill and ready to race next time. Too many people overthink all this crap lol.
i tend to power wash the **** out of my engine cause the jackshaft throws grease. I just try not to spray directly on the crank seals or jackshaft bearings. A start up and get some heat in it probably not a terrible idea after that.

Back