cleaning bearings

29. i use non-clorene brake cleaner and flush bearing every race! bearing sheilds help easy on easy off allow to dry and lube w/ your favorite lube! jmo.

I wouldn't use brake cleaner...you are only pulling your lube out of the bearing. Once a month I take my out and clean with WD -40. Then I throw them in a crock pot with 30w oil on low for 4 or 5 hours. I also throw my clutch driver and chain in there. My bearings last almost entire season.

Bearing clean up

I use W-D 40 to wash out the bearings ( won't work on sealed bearing ) Then use TRI-FLOW, works great for average cleaning. I think that baking the bearings in an oven, then dropping in TRI-FLOW will put the lube in back in the pores in the metal. Just my opinion, Hey, it worked good on my super minicup car

After years of cleaning and oiling speed skate bearings I am using the same products on the kart bearings. Seems to be working great, bones speed cream for skate bearings and sonic bearing cleaner.

I found that soaking in mineral spirits for a day then spin them out and rinse with denatured alc. spin them out again and let them dry. I lube them with ceramic lube [jc spec]. Seems to keep them cleaner with less black goop that develops

Carb cleaner can remove paint and dull a finish mineral spirts or brake clen will do the trick use a lube that wont colect the dirt nothing sticky you should be doing this after a day of raceing good luck

I use W-D 40 to wash out the bearings ( won't work on sealed bearing ) Then use TRI-FLOW, works great for average cleaning. I think that baking the bearings in an oven, then dropping in TRI-FLOW will put the lube in back in the pores in the metal. Just my opinion, Hey, it worked good on my super minicup car
Grease seals can be removed for cleaning, and reinstalled.

use a water and oil base fluid and boil the bearings example blade cutting oil mixs with water put the seal back and they are clean

42 years racing and building engines in the karting industry
Clone engines best and cheapest racing in years
Bullet Motorsports
205 270 9772

Back