Cleaning out pipe

I got a kb06 pipe that is nasty on the inside some one told me to burn it out ? I thought about putting it my wood burner and trying that.

Get a torch and burn it outside down and all the oil and stuff will come out. Other than that it will take a nice color outside.

wood burner I would think is a good idea , I should of thought of that , I put mine outside in an old wash tub with like half gallon of alky and lit it , took five/ ten minutes worked good ,

Be carefull not to get it so hot that the turns red, or cool it to quickly, as that can lead to cracks.

Take it to an auto machine shop, and have them throw it in a hot tank.
Takes all the baked on crud out, doesn't hut the steel.

Thanks for the input ! I'm going to put it in the wood burner and keep flipping it around on top of some logs so it don't get to hot . This pipe is funky !! I don't think any one ever cleaned it out I never did and I ran it for two years .

Hot tank.

Since you're not in California, should be fairly easy to find an auto parts store that has one. Way simpler than trying to burn it out, and gets it *way* cleaner inside.

PM

On my old scooters and dirt bike I would use a torch and get it burning inside....then turn off the flame and just feed it O2, follow the heat/flame inside and adjust how much to feed it till its out the other end.

Hot Tank? I don't think you need to from California to find they have vanished. I don't think any have been around here for at least 20 years (Massachusetts). Some furniture restores have them but I doubt they would want to soak a 2 stroke pipe.

Back