Clements 28mm flatslide on an animal

W5R

Have a question or 2 that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have an open animal with a big valve head, and have a new 28mm Clements flat slide carb on the way for it. My question is, do these carbs need jets to tune them for my engine or do they use a needle to tune them? I'm not familiar with flat slide carbs at all, my animal has a Tilly carb on it right now, and a small one at that, being a E.C 304wxa. Any info appreciated

Ask Mike.
I'm sure he would love to help you.
In fact he might be "disappointed" that you are trying to get information on his stuff from some one else.
Mike and his wife Kim are great people.

I did message mike, if you know mike you know it can sometimes take him a few days to get back to you thru messaging. I cant just pick up a phone and call like other people can, I have a hearing problem. Talked to Mike and cleared everything up, thanks

Have a question or 2 that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have an open animal with a big valve head, and have a new 28mm Clements flat slide carb on the way for it. My question is, do these carbs need jets to tune them for my engine or do they use a needle to tune them? I'm not familiar with flat slide carbs at all, my animal has a Tilly carb on it right now, and a small one at that, being a E.C 304wxa. Any info appreciated

I've got a 28mm tillitson alky carb from competition carbs on my stroker animal with matched intake and matching head port work, one hell of a beast of a motor...some say the slide mikuni is better carb...I dunno...😉

I've got a 28mm tillitson alky carb from competition carbs on my stroker animal with matched intake and matching head port work, one hell of a beast of a motor...some say the slide mikuni is better carb...I dunno...😉
It might flow better without the butterfly in the way, but I wouldn't say "better."
It certainly is much easier to tune, especially if you are not familiar with tuning a Tilly. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back